Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiator keys???

Options
  • 12-01-2009 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

wonder if anyone can help. I have gone through about 3 different keys to try to bleed my rads but all are just spinning or breaking. Is there anything I can get to sort it or a specific key??:confused:

Thanks for any help at all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Were they those useless cast grey-metal ones? I've split a few of those in my time. If you hunt around you can get more solid steel or brass versions of the same thing. I got a pair in Woodies the other day that is a small cylinder with the square cut-out in it with a sliding steel pin to allow you get some leverage on the thing. Works a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,177 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

They keys are spinning or the valve?
    If the valve have been rounded you will need to get a new one (before you try to remove the old one!)
    The shouldnt be more than hand tight...use the small T-bar type of key instead of the longer ones with the loop on the end.

Advertisement