Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bold or Xperia?

• 12-01-2009 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

I need a business standard phone, with email. It has to be either a Blackberry or a device with Windows 6.1, which, I believe, rules out a Nokia because they are Symbian based.

The two devices that have taken my eye, are the Blackberry Bold or the sony Ericsson Xperia. Have any of you guys out there in internet land seen either of these, or have any experience with them.

Simply put, it must be either RIM or Windows 6.1 and I want 3g and WiFi. That's about it as all the other goodies come as standard these days.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Anything I've heard regarding the X1 is that it's one to avoid unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

kaimera wrote: »
    Anything I've heard regarding the X1 is that it's one to avoid unfortunately.

That's a shame, it looks pretty good. I guess you can't really go wrong with a Blackberry.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I need a business standard phone, with email. It has to be either a Blackberry or a device with Windows 6.1, which, I believe, rules out a Nokia because they are Symbian based.

why what sort of email is it?

why what sort of email is it?

One is my own email from my .ie website, the other is from a business account that uses a Blackberrry Enterprise server, or can do push email over Window 6.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

One is my own email from my .ie website, the other is from a business account that uses a Blackberrry Enterprise server, or can do push email over Window 6.1

How can an email account on a Blackberry server work successfully on a Widows Mobile handset? In addition, if it does work with Windows Mobile, why can it not work on a Symbian based handset using the Mail for Exchange application?

Also, if you are still interested in the X1, I would recommend looking on this forum for other users who can advise on the handset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Doesn't rule out s60 3rd at all!!!
    Though: if you think so, you better go with wm/bb ;)

Xperia unfortunately isn't that great - more attention to looks than functionality if you ask me! Tytn 2, asus p550(aka vodafone v1520)... Oh, heck: hundreds of wm's and you needn't be tied to a BB account ...

Rsaeire wrote: »
    How can an email account on a Blackberry server work successfully on a Widows Mobile handset? In addition, if it does work with Windows Mobile, why can it not work on a Symbian based handset using the Mail for Exchange application?

Also, if you are still interested in the X1, I would recommend looking on this forum for other users who can advise on the handset.

The company I am currently contracting for have a managed Blackberry service from Vodafone (They have thousands of Blackberrys) and they have told me they can set up push email for me, but they only support BB or WM 6.1 that's all i know i'm afraid. I'll check out that forum though, thanks.
    strecker wrote: »
    Doesn't rule out s60 3rd at all!!!
    Though: if you think so, you better go with wm/bb ;)

Xperia unfortunately isn't that great - more attention to looks than functionality if you ask me! Tytn 2, asus p550(aka vodafone v1520)... Oh, heck: hundreds of wm's and you needn't be tied to a BB account ...

looks like the X1 may be out then, what about the HTC touch Pro, is that any good?

Picked up a BB Bold today. First BB I've had for about 5 years. It is a very impressive bit of kit. Really impressed so far.

Advertisement