Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OIL convertion ? whats costs involved

Options
  • 12-01-2009 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

I have six rads in the house all working off a backboiler.. what would the cost be to get an oil tank and a burner installed to whats their already ?
    i can`t have gas have to have oil ... can anybody give me an estimate for a house with six rads already might want to put to more in with oil tansk and burner?

thanks ..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭JackFrosty

phone conor 087*******, he installs oil heating systems nationwide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 NoSummer

Oil burners were being thrown out late last year, you should get a good second hand one cheap, price of oil is cheaper now, but I would expect it to rise again soon.
    If you go with oil make sure your insulation is good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

NoSummer wrote: »
    Oil burners were being thrown out late last year, you should get a good second hand one cheap, price of oil is cheaper now, but I would expect it to rise again soon.
    If you go with oil make sure your insulation is good

Why were oil burners being thrown out late last year :confused:
    Jim.

Cos the price of oil for home heating was ridiculous. It was like throwing money into the fire directly. Check out a good second hand burner on site like buyand sell.

Or mabye freecycle or dublin waste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Gingerspice99

Hi OP, ,how does your back boiler perform on its own?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭DJKAV

works off the fireplace ? ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

duh......i think gingerspice meant how good is it at heating tha rads?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭DJKAV

great they all bled fine good heat off them i just want to flick a switch from now on and have instant heat from oil ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

Why oil? Oil price isn't goin to stay low for ever. Have you considered a woodpellet stove with back boiler? There are a lot of different types on the market and they are grant aided as well. The better ones have auto ignite and can work off a thermostat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement