Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Feather

Options
  • 12-01-2009 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi, Im totally new to this forum so i apologise in advance for anything i do incorrectly.

My grandfather, who i was close to, died last year and the same thing keeps happening to me!!!!!!!!!

When im really down il think back of a happy time i had with him (can be anything from giving him a hug to holidays abroad with him) and the weirdest thing will happen. A white feather will float down either in front of my face or in my line of vision!!!!!!!!! Everytime this happens i keep the feather and have them all at home.... I also get a strong smell of flowers too????????

Has anyone had this happen to them or something similar?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

I think you will find that a lot of people have had some weird and wonderful experiences here.

I mean no disrespect here, have you tested this out. I mean have you tried just thinking about your gandfather and it would happen or has this only happened when your feeling depressed.

It sounds wonderful anyway. I have had the smell experience many times and an experience with feathers before but not as often as you would. I wont go into details (a bit too personal) but it would have been only once with the feather but it was an amazing experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭laura1408

I havent actually tested it out but like when i think of him and want him to be around like at a family event or when i would be feelin nostalgic or depressed i always manage to see a white feather and i keep them, or if i go to bed at night and he is in my dream i wake up the next morning and theres a feather in my house somewhere.

Its really comforting because its like he is showing me hes not gone that he is around when i think about him

Must try it out and see if it is just my imagination

Will let u no

It sounds like a beautiful connection with your grandad.

it is really!!!!!!!!!!! nice to have a little something even tho their gone!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Mr. Frost

That's great.

I've had the same happen to me, but with my Nan. She died six years ago and sometimes if things are hard something like that will happen or she'll come to me in a dream and tell me things. I know that sounds silly it's true, and it helps.

I once saw my Grandad (he had before I was born) when I was a kid.

• Advertisement

another thing happens to me too, My grandad passed from cancer and i bought a ticket in aid of cancer reasearch (i didnt win :D) but everytime i get really annoyed or fed up i find this ticket somewhere in my house and everytime i put it somwhere different i find it in another place.....

I know its him saying lifes too short to be mad and fed up so it kind of cheers me up!!!!!!!!

laura1408 wrote: »
    another thing happens to me too, My grandad passed from cancer and i bought a ticket in aid of cancer reasearch (i didnt win :D) but everytime i get really annoyed or fed up i find this ticket somewhere in my house and everytime i put it somwhere different i find it in another place.....

I know its him saying lifes too short to be mad and fed up so it kind of cheers me up!!!!!!!!

That's really cool. And it really does cheer you up eh. Next time ask him to dig out your ticket number so you win! :D

Cheers me up no end, and like the gramps used to be a bit of a gambler so i reckon its his dig at me for being all sad and buying the ticket for the charity and not winning. I can imagine him saying "You should have put that fiver on a horse" :D

:pac: He sounds like my Dad!! :D

Look out for a horse whose name might somehow be related to Grandads!

Il have to have a look in the paper tonight and see does anything stand out.....

even if i put a euro on a 5-1 il get my fiver back and he wont be able to take the piss anymore :pac:

• Advertisement

:pac:

Do, seriously, sounds like he wants you to bet! ;)

Check out www.paddypower.com :D

Il check when im at home, bloody firewall in work has me blocked from the site......

Will let you know tomorrow if im "in the money" :D

:pac: Do. Best of luck!;)

had another "white feather experiance"

Was out and about last night in the car and i had to pull over to take a call (in a not so nice area of town) so i was on the phone chatting away and my battery died. Then i went to start my car and the battery in that died too...... well needless to say i was a bit stressed out, so, i sent up a little sos to my grandad and hey presto my car started!!!! Thats not the weird bit, i couldnt believe my luck when the car started (because it usually needs to be jump started) but then when i got home i found my little white feather in my car (i had been sitting on it :pac:) Then to top it off i rang my mam and told her what happened only to be told that my grandad used to attend a hospital alot years ago (like practically lived there) where i was parked!!!!!! Probably just pure luck but ya never no!!!!!!!

laura1408 wrote: »
    had another "white feather experiance"

Was out and about last night in the car and i had to pull over to take a call (in a not so nice area of town) so i was on the phone chatting away and my battery died. Then i went to start my car and the battery in that died too...... well needless to say i was a bit stressed out, so, i sent up a little sos to my grandad and hey presto my car started!!!! Thats not the weird bit, i couldnt believe my luck when the car started (because it usually needs to be jump started) but then when i got home i found my little white feather in my car (i had been sitting on it :pac:) Then to top it off i rang my mam and told her what happened only to be told that my grandad used to attend a hospital alot years ago (like practically lived there) where i was parked!!!!!! Probably just pure luck but ya never no!!!!!!!

No way! That's amazing! God good thing he was there to help you out. You don't want to be in a dodgey area with a broken down car!!

I no then, me mam rings me out of the blue to check im ok and tells me that ha ha ha, could be just the way things worked out but i dont think so!!!!!!!!

And no i was getting really freaked out stuck in the dodgy area :D

Jump leads! That's all I'll say! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

If you actually have a material possession of a feather, can you not go to a Scientist and find out what species it comes from and how old the feather might be, get a good scientific account of these feathers?

I have kept all the feathers but i wouldn know a scientist,

and as for the jump leads, i dont possess such manly objects :pac:

Lucas10101 wrote: »
    If you actually have a material possession of a feather, can you not go to a Scientist and find out what species it comes from and how old the feather might be, get a good scientific account of these feathers?

Yeah I wonder what kind of animal was crashin' out under her ass in her car...:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

I have had several experiences with white feathers, all recent. I keep finding them in the house as well, and one was sort of weaved into my wool scarf!

Lucas10101 wrote: »

Or you could go to someone who knows about birds in your area and find out what bird they may belong to and see if you could find out do they shed this time of year.

Advertisement