Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West West(side) Y'all...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Played first GAA match since last June last night. First friendly of the year, played 4x20-minute periods and I played all but 10 minutes. Was tiring but enjoyed it and can feel the benefit of the training. Not too stiff today, always feel when I have been doing legwork in the gym it really stands to me on the GAA pitch and I recover from games alot easier.

Squat day tomorrow followed by GAA training that evening. Lots of eating and minding myself Friday before some upper-body work Saturday and matches Sunday and Monday... busy busy!

THURSDAY

Barbell Squat
    Empty Bar x 10
    60kg x 5
    85kg x 5
    105kg x 3
    125kg x 3
    135 x 3

Just one of those "shouldn't have went to the gym today" days.... the match on Tuesday evening has taken a little more out of me than I thought and I was still nursing one or two little aches and pains going to the gym today - should have gave it a miss. Very little strength and energy and I waved the white flag early.

GAA training tonight, will look after myself tomorrow. An easy week next week might be an idea....

Went GAA training tonight. Not a particularly tough session, a bit of interval running followed by a good bit of ballwork.

Gotta get my rest in tomorrow ahead of some Upper Body work Saturday and a match Sunday morning.

WEEK EIGHT

Keeping things ticking over this week, hoping to refuel and change things up a bit in the main programme for next week...

DB Bench Press
    20kg x 15
    25kg x 15
    27.5kg x 15
    30kg x 15

Inclined BB Press
    60kg x 5
    60kg x 8
    60kg x 8

Declined BB Press
    50kg x 5
    50kg x 10
    60kg x 8

Dips x 5
    Pull-ups x 5

DB Curls
    10kg x 15
    Three Sets

Press-ups x 20

Missing GAA training tonight cos of work so will get some runnin done tomorrow. Light Lower Body day on Wed/Thursday.

WEDNESDAY

Barbell Squat
    50kg x 12
    60kg x 12
    70kg x 12
    80kg x 12
    90kg x 12
    100kg x 8

Walking lunges x 20 (10 each side)

• Advertisement

Was GAA training Thursday night. Very tough session, hard slog in heavy weather. Legs were very heavy after the Squat session from Wednesday and they're still yet to recover fully.

Off to the Curragh for more hill-running hardship tomorrow. Oh the joys! :pac:

WEEK NINE

Bench Press
    60kg x 5
    80kg x 5
    92.5kg x 3
    100kg x 3
    107.5kg x 3

Incline DB Press
    20kg x 10 (One set)
    22.5kg x 10 (Three Sets)

Superset
    Lat Pulldown (x10) with Standing Rope pulls to neck (x12)
    Four Sets

Hammer Curls
    10kg DBs x 10
    Three Sets

Ab Circuit x 2

Press-ups x 25

Changing it up a good bit this week - disappointed with the Bench though. I wasn't expecting anything amazing but thought I'd get up to 110x3 handy enough - felt an old familiar niggle in the right shoulder that hadn't reared it's ugly head in a while too.

Rest of the session I enjoyed, a change is as good as a rest and all that... I s'pose this week will be a bit of trial and error with the new exercises I'm swapping in, some I haven't done before... but looking forward to it... busy week coming up - GAA training tonight and matches on Thursday night as well as Sunday morning.

Bench Press
    60kg x 15
    60kg x 15
    70kg x 12
    80kg x 8

Inclined DB Curls
    22.5kg x 10
    Four Sets

SUPERSET
    Lat pulldowns with Cable pulls to neck
    Four Sets

Hammer Curls
    10kg x 10
    Four Set

WEDNESDAY

DIPS
    (3 sets RM - 90 seconds rest in between)
    First Set: 18
    Second Set: 13
    Thirs Set: 8

SUPERSET
    (Four x 12 each)
    Seated Cable Rows with Straight arm Lat Pulldowns

BRADFORD PRESS (seated)
    First Set x 15
    Second set x 12
    Third Set x 7
    Fourth Set x 6 (tough going!)

SUPERSET
    DB Curls with DB tricep extensions
    Three Sets

This was mostly relatively new to me and I must say I enjoyed it - tough enough going too. Pretty sure 18 is the most Dips I've ever done in one go but also pretty sure I've never done Dips as a first exercise in a session before.

BENCH PRESS
    50kg x 15
    60kg x 15
    70kg x 15
    80kg x 8

Inclined DB Press
    22.5kg x 10
    Three Sets
    22.5kg x 12
    One Set

SUPERSET
    Latpulldowns (x12) with Standing Rope pulls to neck (x12)
    Four Sets

Hammer Curls
    12.5kg x 10
    Four Sets

Press ups - 23 (to failure)

• Advertisement

Three-mile run today - with a stiff climb for almost two of those miles... managed not to roll back down backwards :)

Got three three-mile runs in last week... lookin a little skinnier this week, thankfully :)

TODAY

Bench Press
    50kg x 12
    60kg x 12
    70kg x 12
    80kg x 10
    90kg x 5

Incline DB Press
    22.5kg x 10 (three sets)
    25kg x 10 (one set)

SUPERSET
    Lat pulldowns (x12) with Standing Rope pulls to neck (x12)
    Four Sets

Hammer Curls
    12.5kg x 10
    Three Sets

Press Ups (on DBs)

GAA training tonight... planning on getting a couple of more runes in this week and at least one, most likely two, weights session... Overdue a lower-body sessin at this stage. I find after training, matches and trying to get some running done - the legs are just a little too tired to get heavy squatting.

Went GAA training last night and got a decent three-mile run in this morning. Feeling energetic this week - long may it continue! :)

Advertisement