Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Minibus (D1) Driving Lessons (Waterford Area)

Options
  • 12-01-2009 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone in Waterford City know where I can get Driving Lessons for a mini bus (D1)?

I tried the ISM and they said they don't have any Mini Bus Driving lessons in Waterford ONLY in Dublin.
    Someone mentioned to me that no one in Waterford City gives lessons for the D1 and that I might have to go to Kilkenny City for the lessons.
    I live and work in Waterford city so I'd rather get lessons here if possible.

Any help appreciated.

BFG

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ill copy this over to Learning to Drive in addition to keeping it here. You might get someone who can pass on recommendations to you there also. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

Hi,

According to the RSA list of approved instructors there is someone in Ferrybank approved for Category D so they may be an option - not really sure how far Ferrybank is from Waterford City but dont think its that far!

List of ADIs is on the RSA website :

http://www.rsa.ie/SERVICES/upload/File/ADI%20FORMS/1201%20List%20of%20full%20permit%20holders%20by%20county.pdf

BTW I assume you realise that you can go straight to a D licence (assuming you pass the test :D) without going through the D1 and the D automatically gives you entitlement to a D1. If you do a D1 test you will need to do another test to get the full D licence. Maybe a D1 is sufficient for what you want but just mentioning it in case your longterm plan is to get a D in which case I would go straight for that.

Regards,
    Declan.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Its in Waterford City... a little bit back from the bridge on the port side.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

DriveSkill wrote: »
    BTW I assume you realise that you can go straight to a D licence (assuming you pass the test :D) without going through the D1 and the D automatically gives you entitlement to a D1. If you do a D1 test you will need to do another test to get the full D licence
    +1

I met two bus drivers recently who didn't know that and wasted time getting the D1 first before going for the D.

Advertisement