Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long do infractions hang around

Options
  • 12-01-2009 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭

How long are infarction visible? Are they ever wiped?

MM

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

10 days I think.
    They will then disappear from public view.
    They will always be there for Mods to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

can infractions be appealed?

You can drop the Mod a PM if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Generally yes, but there's very little need. As DeV said in another thread, an infraction is little more than a formal warning and has no real consequences. You would have to rack up a large number of infractions in a short number of days for anything serious to happen.

If you really feel that a warning of any kind was unwarranted, then you can PM the mod who applied it to discuss it.

I have one infraction from a couple of months ago. I don't think that the moderator would change her opinion but as this doesn't get wiped I don't want to be stuck with an infraction that shouldn't have been handed down in the first place.

MM

• Advertisement

The infraction you have is from last October.
    It has already expired.

That's true Beruthiel. But it remains as a reminder and could encourage harsher treatment in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Infractions won't lead to harsher treatment in future except if you're causing trouble on the same forum. They effectively allow the mod to keep track of who's been previously warned on that forum.

Having an infraction on one forum won't cause a moderator to treat you differently on another.

Many thanks for your time.
    Not to worry.

Thanks Again.

Advertisement