Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wepage Design

Options
  • 12-01-2009 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭

Can anyone here recommend an individual or a company based in Galway to build a website?

I'm looking to get one done for the shop, and I prefer to get someone local to do it.

Any advice appreciated.

David.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

what type of site are ya looking for? are ya longing for one with a CMS or just a basic few pages site.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is a guy that posts here that does this but I don't want to advertise his name. Have a look through Web design forum. He posts a lot there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

There's a web design outfit in furbo but I can't recall what they're called right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Kevin11

www.ontheweb.ie
    Based in Terryland beside the Marriot I think
    Paul is the contact.
    Have found them excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

ATFM based in the GMIT start up centre http://atfmmedia.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Impact Media in Oranmore did a very good design for my site
    091 383200

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

cornbb wrote: »
    There's a web design outfit in furbo but I can't recall what they're called right now.

Aró

http://www.aro.ie

I would guess that they would be expensive.

I might do it real cheap! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

cornbb wrote: »

I had a query on behalf of one of my clients regarding a site this place in Furbo created for them - They got back to me ASAP with the info I needed so i'd give them a thumbs up for communication anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Webbs wrote: »
    ATFM based in the GMIT start up centre http://atfmmedia.ie/

Judging from their website, these guys look good and give the impression that they suit every budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

www.baddogdesign.ie

currently updating my one, very reasonable and top bloke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

What's a "wepage" the man asked in reply number 13!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

Sent ya a PM there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

d-gal wrote: »
    www.baddogdesign.ie

currently updating my one, very reasonable and top bloke

That site is not a good omen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I wasn't on here over the weekend, I missed the drunken John Cleary thread can we turn this one into another John Cleary bashing thread?...

Also to add to the actual topic have you tried bebo?, its really easy to make your own page on that!!....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I wasn't on here over the weekend, I missed the drunken John Cleary thread can we turn this one into another John Cleary bashing thread?...

Also to add to the actual topic have you tried bebo?, its really easy to make your own page on that!!....
    Or perhaps try Facebook! There's a wealth of information on creating a "Facepage" on our very own Galway City forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Wompa1 wrote: »

I'm loved too much for there ever to be a serious thread bashing me - deal with it :pac:

But way to try to ruin someone elses thread - If I was the OP a flippin' forum ban is what i'd be looking for - Or just a punch square in the eyes if they knew you IRL

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Sounds like sour grapes Mr. Cleary, I addressed the topic.

To address it again if you wanted you could get software thats like using a wizard with pre-set templates for setting up a site yourself. It could save you a bit of money. Most allow you to set up a shopping cart section too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Fired on a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Thanks a million for all of the replies.

I have replies sent to those who contacted me, and have passed the recommendations from here on to those who sign the cheques!!!

We need a site to promote our business, especially to those considering visiting Galway. Our existing site is an e-commerce one that's impossible to keep updated. From a sales point of view, our stock is generally once-off goods.

As for doing the BEBO/Facebook sites, I'm completely retarded when it comes to anything website related!

Again, thanks for the input.

David.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If your looking for a CMS website you might as well download Joomla and do it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

ScumLord wrote: »
    If your looking for a CMS website you might as well download Joomla and do it yourself.

He's just said he can't even build a facebook/bebo page....

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭boardswalker

mikom wrote: »

+1

Nothing is guaranteed to p*** me off as much as watching that percentage rubbish. There are even basic typos on that site. Someone should be nice and give that guy some helpful, honest-to-goodness feedback.

Xiney wrote: »
    He's just said he can't even build a facebook/bebo page....
    Oh right. There it is right in front of my face. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Fey,I have an old project site that is designed to promote tourism for galway,I keep thinking about launching it. send me a pm if you wanna see it

*mono* wrote: »
    Fey,I have an old project site that is designed to promote tourism for galway,I keep thinking about launching it. send me a pm if you wanna see it
    Don't do it! it's a trick, by website he means penis. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

ScumLord wrote: »
    Don't do it! it's a trick, by website he means penis. :p

Foiled again...Dam

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mr Man

mikom wrote: »

Yep. Technically talented but commercially useless.

Advertisement