Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nat type strict:(

• 12-01-2009 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

right we have eircom broadband with a netopia router my laptop has connected to it on the wireless network and i have my laptop connected to the xbox 360 and everything is grand excpet my nat type is strict can someone please help me fix this thanks :)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Have a look here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 maxpower1

no didnt help thanks anyways

Try this so
    http://www.celticsnipers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=269

Make sure your firewall is set to low

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

As far as I can remember what I did was:
    Enter your ip address into the address bar on your internet explorer.
    This should open up your router settings.
    From there it should have your nat settings and you can set it to open from there.
    Hope that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

nicklauski wrote: »
    As far as I can remember what I did was:
    Enter your ip address into the address bar on your internet explorer.
    This should open up your router settings.
    From there it should have your nat settings and you can set it to open from there.
    Hope that helps.

thats the problem, netopia don't seem to give you that option of setting your nat to open, moderate or strict

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

you have to open ports, research them, once i opened them it was open nat type

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Axwell wrote: »
    Have a look here

Cheers mate, managed to find some info there to opening my UPnP setting so can now play Castle Crashers :pac:

Deaddude wrote: »
    you have to open ports, research them, once i opened them it was open nat type

Its all there in my post above with the link, follow the steps properly and you will have an open nat

Advertisement