Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW 12/01/09 Spoilers

• 12-01-2009 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

WWE Monday Night RAW / ECW presented by 12 Rounds returns to Sioux City Iowa for the first time in almost two years

Main Event:
    John Cena vs Shawn Michaels, with JBL in HBK's corner

Other Matches:
    -CM Punk vs. William Regal in a rematch for the Intercontinental Title.
    -Randy Orton vs. Kane
    -Matt Hardy vs. Jack Swagger for the ECW Championship

ECW championship match on RAW :eek:

I must admit i'm kinda interested to see how the HBK/JBL angle will fair out

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

ECW will be taped with RAW so thats when the Swagger V Hardy match will happen i'd say, would be pretty strange to have it on Raw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

EdK wrote: »
    ECW will be taped with RAW so thats when the Swagger V Hardy match will happen i'd say, would be pretty strange to have it on Raw?

They probably want to give Swagger more exposure and Matt will get more of a reaction than most midcard guys bar Santino

Hardy vs Swagger was the ECW main event

ECW Spoiler:
    Jack Swagger won the ECW title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Rey Knox is getting old now. Knox follows Rey like a bad smell. A predictable bad smell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

WTF Jericho fired :eek:

Well it looks like its true SCSA is getting inducted to the HOF 2009

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Legacy looking better now. Manu despite appearing to be a pretty good worker just didnt fit with the group. I presssume they are going to tag up Snuka and Manu and let them have a mini feud with Priceless. I think they could make a good team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    Legacy looking better now. Manu despite appearing to be a pretty good worker just didnt fit with the group. I presssume they are going to tag up Snuka and Manu and let them have a mini feud with Priceless. I think they could make a good team.

Yeah and apparently they're going to add
    D.H. Smith to Legacy, dunno how that'll go down though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

imo the show was only ok. was the three count on Kane a botch? couldn't really tell

cena/hbk was class. not their absolute best but up there. it's been said before but michaels is acting his a$$ off with this angle. it's really got me interested, to the point where i'm really looking forward to when jbl gets his head kicked in

the legacy didnt really get much heat i thought during the beatdown. orton's getting way too many cheers and people don't sympathise with the one's getting beaten.

i was watching it and genuinely a little concerned that they might manage to screw the angle up. i hope not though because the potential's there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

SlickRic wrote: »
    imo the show was only ok. was the three count on Kane a botch? couldn't really tell

cena/hbk was class. not their absolute best but up there. it's been said before but michaels is acting his a$$ off with this angle. it's really got me interested, to the point where i'm really looking forward to when jbl gets his head kicked in

the legacy didnt really get much heat i thought during the beatdown. orton's getting way too many cheers and people don't sympathise with the one's getting beaten.

i was watching it and genuinely a little concerned that they might manage to screw the angle up. i hope not though because the potential's there

The ref didn't swing around like they normally would so that he was looking at both Kane's shoulders. That seems to indicate it being planned. Maybe Kane will still be after Orton or something after it.

I'm not sure the beatdown was meant to generate heat. Two heels getting beat up on is never going to generate it. I think it was more an announcement that the stable had finally arrived on the scene proper.

DiBiase's easy forgiving of getting booted in the head raised my eyebrow though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

michaels cena was a great match, two guys on top of their game, great win for michaels. after beating jericho, orton and cena in a few weeks, shouldn't he be number one contender???

when the limo pulled up i was hoping shawn would be the driver and open jbls door but alas :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I actually watched Raw this week. There was some stuff I didn't quite understand but I enjoyed the main event.

Something I'm wondering about, is it possible Jericho's 'firing' is a way to get him over on Smackdown and for SuperHunter to return to Raw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I actually watched Raw this week. There was some stuff I didn't quite understand but I enjoyed the main event.

Something I'm wondering about, is it possible Jericho's 'firing' is a way to get him over on Smackdown and for SuperHunter to return to Raw?

Jericho v edge would be awsome

**edit**

Prediction:
    Vinces return is going to tie into stone colds induction to the HOF. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

And Vince to rehire the Superstar of the year

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Vince v Stephanie at Mania??? - Y2J fighting in Vince's corner. Who would Steph pick? Of course the winner would get total control of Raw!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

brolly wrote: »
    Vince v Stephanie at Mania??? - Y2J fighting in Vince's corner. Who would Steph pick? Of course the winner would get total control of Raw!

Could see that happening imo. Lets hope she picks HHH so he stays clear of the WM main event or title match.

Who better for Steph to pick against Vince than Stone Cold Steve Austin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭ec18

Something I was thinking earlier wouldn't it be really interesting if they turned michaels heel through this angle and had him "aligned" with jbl?

ec18 wrote: »
    Something I was thinking earlier wouldn't it be really interesting if they turned michaels heel through this angle and had him "aligned" with jbl?

and then turn on him at the rumble?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

please for the love of sweet divine jesus tell me its not true........save us 222!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Oh ****!

• Advertisement

looks like a work as it was done by steph on raw in conjunction with vince's return.......where the hell are they goin with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

ITS STILL REAL TO ME DAMN IT!!

exactly.....wwe need proper talent and class technicians, and jericho satisfies all the criteria....if i had it my way id have the belt on him for the next year and micheals challenging at every ppv!!!

jossnjuice wrote: »
    looks like a work .

No ****. Considering Vince is coming back it's probably just a one week angle to give Vince an example of Steph's incompetence. I doubt they're turning Jericho face because he's one of the few free heels for Austin

once its not another case of goin off with fozzy for two years...!

You should have put this in this weeks Raw thread - its a spoiler and quite a few people won't see Raw until Thursday night!

sh1t peeps caught it on monday...sorry if i ruined it and if the mod could move it i would be greatley appreciative!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Bubs101 wrote: »
    ... he's one of the few free heels for Austin

Is Stone Cold coming back??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Yusuf Mirza

Stone Cold is unable to wrestle coz of his kneck. Remember he broke his knwck. when he went back to wrestle it started to deform. so he had to quit. Man the last time he was on Raw he was all skinny :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭ec18

and then turn on him at the rumble?

or at the rumble hbk costs cena the title

Is Stone Cold coming back??

Stone Cold's being inducted into the hall of fame this year. Wrestlemania is in his home state. He'll definitely make an appearance but Meltzer did raise some doubts as to whether he'd be wrestling again though. As a betting man though I'd say he would, his matches were always limited durinh his peak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

HBK

I still like to see him and Jericho feud again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Threads merged
    You should have put this in this weeks Raw thread - its a spoiler and quite a few people won't see Raw until Thursday night!

Please don't back-seat mod, just report the post/thread and the mods will take care of it
    jossnjuice wrote: »
    sh1t peeps caught it on monday...sorry if i ruined it and if the mod could move it i would be greatley appreciative!

You should have used spoilers on that thread, even the thread title was a spoiler.

Please read the forum charter carefully regarding spoilers and be more careful in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

dsmythy wrote: »
    The ref didn't swing around like they normally would so that he was looking at both Kane's shoulders. That seems to indicate it being planned. Maybe Kane will still be after Orton or something after it.

I'm not sure the beatdown was meant to generate heat. Two heels getting beat up on is never going to generate it. I think it was more an announcement that the stable had finally arrived on the scene proper.

DiBiase's easy forgiving of getting booted in the head raised my eyebrow though.

With that ref also been 2nd generation family member part of the Armstrong family could he be brought into there group in secrect to be a biased ref of their matches ?

• Advertisement

orestes wrote: »
    Please don't back-seat mod, just report the post/thread and the mods will take care of it

Wasn't being a back-seat mod - I hadn't seen Raw and I just replied so he/she could change the title and mark it as a spoiler thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Wasn't being a back-seat mod - I hadn't seen Raw and I just replied so he/she could change the title and mark it as a spoiler thread.

I understand that, but it tends to derail threads when users point out that kind of thing in thread, if you just report posts it ends up with the same result as we can edit the thread titles/merge threads/add spoilers and all that kinda stuff if needed, and the thread doesn't go off topic, much easier for everyone involved. If you wanna discuss this with me further feel free to drop me a pm, I don't want this thread going off topic any further.

ON TOPIC: Am liking the way Legacy is turning out, wasn't a big fan of Manu being a member of the group, doesn't fit in with Orton, Rhodes and DiBiase at all imo and would be far better suited in a tag-team with Snuka I reckon

Curious to see what will happen when Vince returns, even if he did appear to give himself more video promos for his return than even Cena got when he was coming back from injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I thought this would be the place to put the new name for Low - Ki

It is "Kawal"
    - Mike Johnson is reporting that Low-Ki aka Senshi will be known as "Kawal" in the WWE.

from www.gerweck.net

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Does anyone know what the name of band that played while footage of Steve Austin was being played as he is being inducted to the WWE Hall Of Fame, brilliant song!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

hyn-zie wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the name of band that played while footage of Steve Austin was being played as he is being inducted to the WWE Hall Of Fame, brilliant song!!!

Wasn't it the song CM Punk used in ROH? Not sure who sings it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭rizzla

Think the bands AFI. In Punks shoot interview he mention's he's friends with the band. Dunno what the song is.

hyn-zie wrote: »

The song is Cult of Personality by Living Colour and was released in the late eighties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭rizzla

EdK wrote: »
    The song is Cult of Personality by Living Colour and was released in the late eighties

Love that song, great in Guitar Hero. Would have known it if I'd seen the hall of fame vid :o Was goin by the MNG reference to Punk's roh theme music.

callaway92 wrote: »
    I thought this would be the place to put the new name for Low - Ki

It is "Kawal"

from www.gerweck.net

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055457262&highlight=needs+to+be+more+low+key%3F

Could have been a better choice?
    orestes wrote: »
    Curious to see what will happen when Vince returns, even if he did appear to give himself more video promos for his return than even Cena got when he was coming back from injury

Vinces return could open up so many possibilities for anything happening on raw at the moment.
    Id say we will know the whole direction come the end of raw on monday

Advertisement