Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game Recommendations

• 12-01-2009 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭

I am now the owner of an Xbox 360 Elite. I bought it at the weekend and currently have GOW2, Halo 3, Fable 2, Supper Street Fighter 2 HD Remix, Braid and Halo: Combat Evolved.

I already have a PS3 which I have most non-exclusives, out at the moment, on and was wondering what exclusive 360 titles, Arcade and Originals should I look at getting? I'm open to most genres.

Mass Effect and Last Remnant are already in the 'Look Into' category. Anything else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

On the arcade, Geometry Wars 2! amazing game.

N+ and Marble Blast Ultra are really good arcade games also.

Crackdown is a lot of fun and can be got for 12ish now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Virtua Tennis 3 is pretty spectacular for mutliplayer, also Madden 08 is a decent game and can be got for 12 quid i tihnk in gamestop. Tom clancy's Vegas 1 and 2 are both worth getting as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

In terms of exclusives they dont have much.

I suppose PGR 3 or 4 would be good games to pick up.

Fuzion Frenzy 2 is an excellent party game.

Shadowrun is one of my favourite fps as it adds a unique twist to the genre through tech and magic.

Good arcade games to get are geometry wars 2, n+,marble blast ultra and castle crashers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I'd go for Left 4 Dead if you have some friends to play it with. Also Mass Effect if your a fan of RPG style games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Left for dead+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Cheers guys. I have Left 4 Dead on the PC so I don't think I'd buy it again. Shadowrun and Crackdown sound good - will do some research. Not a big fan of tennis games and I have R6V2 on PS3.

As for the Arcade games, will give them a play. Cheers again.

BTW if you have any more suggestions, let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

um, bioshock, the orange box (portal = wow) gow 1, dead space, condemned 1 and 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Sell out :P diversifying my arse!

Grid if ya dont have it on ps3 is mint.
    PGR4
    Crackdown.

Failing that, use the search for one of many threads on 'best 360 games' etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Another vote for PGR4
    I seem to say it pretty much every time a thread like this comes up, but for me it was racing perfection.

There should be a mandatory ban from this forum for anybody that hasn't at least tried the demo of Geometry Wars 2...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

tman wrote: »
    There should be a mandatory ban from this forum for anybody that hasn't at least tried the demo of Geometry Wars 2...

:D Too true!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

tman wrote: »
    Another vote for PGR4
    I seem to say it pretty much every time a thread like this comes up, but for me it was racing perfection.

I read the OP and in my head had my reply planned out. 'Buy PGR4, it is racing perfection'

tman pretty much said it all! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I'd like to add Pure to the list of must-haves tbh.

Awesome fun game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Rez is of the best arcade games available on the marketplace. Also you could try Psychonauts if you are looking for a good Xbox original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I read the OP and in my head had my reply planned out. 'Buy PGR4, it is racing perfection'

tman pretty much said it all! :D

Seems like my next purchase has been decided. Will call in to Zavvi today and pick it up.
    kaimera wrote: »
    I'd like to add Pure to the list of must-haves tbh.

Awesome fun game.

Have that for the PS3. A lot of fun alright. Who knew Disney make good games!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Lost Odyssey if you like JRPG's. It's such a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Can anyone recommend a 3rd person shooter (something like GOW?)with good online play? :) (or thats due for release soon)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,794 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bionic Commando on Arcade is pretty awesome as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 p-c

The best 3rd person shooter I played last year was Dead Space! Unreal! Resi 5 is going to be out in Feb I think it is (not too sure though) It's necessary to buy CoD 4 and 5 Xbox has better servers than PS3 and the online play in unreal and so addictive.

BioShock
    Condemned
    Orange Box is great value for money
    Viva Pinata!
    Crackdown
    And although I own it on PS3 i'm wanting to play through GTA IV on xbox just for the DLC that's coming out soon. (Supposed to be Xbox exclusive but I'm sure rockstar will find away round it to make it available on PS3 at some stage... the same way GTA Vice City was meant to be exclusive to PS2 and they were going to get around that by just calling it Vice City... )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a 3rd person shooter (something like GOW?)with good online play? :) (or thats due for release soon)
    Em you could try Dark Sector, which I think was made by the same people that made GOW, its only a fiver on sendit.com also. It has MP also.
    GTA 4 I guess is another you could try, or Dead Space also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Thanks guys I'll definetly check them out :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Em you could try Dark Sector, which I think was made by the same people that made GOW, its only a fiver on sendit.com also. It has MP also.
    GTA 4 I guess is another you could try, or Dead Space also.

Stay away from Dark Sector...total muck!
    Awful controls and pi$$y weapons, its nothing like gears! there aint much playing it online either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

re shooter CALL of duty 4 is good online,graw 2 is great shooter,single player or online ,not as popular as cod though.ONLINE you get extra perks ,weapons as you achieve objectives ,its like you level up the more enemys you defeat in cod4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Im just getting into Fallout 3, really enjoying it. Id highly recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭dunie001

BUY FAR CRY 2!!!!!:D IT's only about €30 at then moment in certain stores too...

It's absolutely brilliant...online as well as the main game...great open terrain like GTA4 and not in any way platform like in the original Far Cry or COD or Halo...

Halo 3 is by far the best for online gaming. Was on last night and there were about 230,000 people online playing. The way it's laid out far surpasses Far Cry 2 or COD...:P

Army of Two is also a good game and, It's third person aswell! It's especially good as a co-op game wth a mate...but i don't know about the online side of it.

Crackdown is a good once-off game. Doesn't have any appeal as a game to play over and over again though...pity really.

Halo 2 is also good...but halo3 has surpassed it...

The original far cry is also worth getting...it's available on xbox 360 aswell as the original xbox game.

I have PGR3 and i can't say i was impressed. No damage on the cars or anything. Although Need for Speed: Pro Street is good, i got great enjoyment out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭dunie001

I'd also recommend COD 4 and COD: World at war...both good but not a whole lot of re-play value...online is pretty good too.

Advertisement