Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Matt Hardy is a mid carder who should be thankful he even has a job!

• 12-01-2009 6:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭

Nope not trolling before I get reported it’s the opinion if Eric Bischoff. Why is Eric so mad then? It all started with the following review of the Wrestler from Matt. I think he is annoyed about what he feels is Matt slagging of the older guys for their poor living in a blog where he is bragging about on the tear quite a bit. Anyways Eric’s response is below. I think he has gone overboard big time.
    first Matt
    http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/8014/124/
    Finally.. I'm back, HA! We had a blast at Shane's on New Year's Eve, we did it up right yo! The party ended around 7 a.m. and I ended up in bed around 8:30 a.m. I gotta do something about this lack of sleeping issue. The next day I was trying to catch up on real-life things and ended up going to bed in the wee hours of the night again.. And had to get up and catch a flight to Fort Lauderdale to go to work the next day, UGH! Everything turned out alright though, I even got to see my friend Eric Rob, the guy who is responsible for the actually Hardy Show website. After the show, I planned on getting a quick bite to eat, and then getting a decent night's sleep because I had to fly to New Orleans at 7:30 a.m. the next morning. Didn't happen, HAHA! I ended up going straight to the airport and sleeping on the plane, landing in New Orleans, and then driving 202 miles to Lake Charles, LA, where the show was that night. I immediately checked in to a beloved Hampton and got in a 3 hour power nap. And still walked out as the ECW Champ after a successful title defense. I'm a very lucky guy, a large percentage of people would probably sacrifice a limb to lead my life, LOL! But to be fair, I've busted my ass for years to have the opportunity to lead this crazy lifestyle. And although I sometimes bitch, but.. I love it!
    I'm maxin' (yes, I said maxin') in the Hampton in Baton Rouge right now, enjoying a little down time. I just watched The Wrestler tonight. All I can say is WOW, it's an amazing piece of cinema that you will feel. Whether it's good or bad, you will feel it. I can think of several 80's performers that fit a similar mold. One thing I can say though, regardless of what anyone says, the business has evolved. The guys and gals are so much more intelligent and responsible in this day and age then they were in the 80's/early 90's. And that's a good thing. A very good thing.
    Erics reponse
    http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/8014/124/ (right under the Matt story)
    What Eric Bischoff wrote on 1/8:
    "Matt, you are a friggin goof. Let's set aside the fact that your brother is walking a 'three strikes and you're out" tight rope as a result of his drug abuse, and if internet "news" was accurate, suffered the loss of his home and property due to a fire because he was too irresponsible to insure it. Your recent recap of your "lifestyle" frames you as a candidate to the Jake Roberts Hall of Fame. Your suggestion that you and your generation are "smarter and more responsible" than previous generations of wrestlers makes me sick. You are a mid-card talent that should be grateful to even get a check every other week. Enjoy it while it lasts. And rather than looking down your nose at previous generations of professional wrestlers, donate a portion of your check to one of them and ask them to point out all the parallels between your current career path/lifestyle and theirs. It would be the smartest and most responsible thing you could do."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Matt is a midcarder though and Eric is right about this bit
    Matt wrote:
    The guys and gals are so much more intelligent and responsible in this day and age then they were in the 80's/early 90's. And that's a good thing. A very good thing.

His brother is an absolute fool who lived in a trailer almost certainly did all sorts of crazy **** in there before wellness and probably burnt it down by falling asleep with a spliff. Jeff is no more intelligent than Jake Roberts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Am I the only person who finds Matt Hardy boring ?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SASR

Bubs101 wrote: »
    ...and probably burnt it down by falling asleep with a spliff.
    Christ.

Even though it was an electrical fire and he wasn't there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Wow, matt seems to have stepped on one of erics nerves there.... :confused:

He said like one line about 80s wrestlers..
    How come Bishoff didnt rag on about JBLs blog where he says the wrestler is great and the difference between now and the 80s?

I dont get it, he seems to have a personal issue with the hardys

**edit**
    JBLs blog that i am referring to:
    "I thought it was awesome and extremely well written. This was the business I broke into many years ago. However, that business has changed - and for the better. In the last six months, I have had MRIs, concussion tests, HIV test, trauma test, drug test and even my cholesterol tested - which was the only one I failed...This business in WWE is really a corporate environment these days - it has changed for the better. I am glad for my old days, I wouldn’t change a thing. But the WWE has done so much to clean up the abuse that the business as I knew it was so known for. All that being said, I loved the movie. Even with all the negative stereotypes in the movie, this was a part of what I did to get to WWE and it was fun to watch. A little scary to watch, but fun."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

A mid-carder?

I don't know ... he seems to be perennially over with the crowd, if WWE decided to give him a little push, Hardy would be a legit main eventer in no time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Cactus Col wrote: »
    A mid-carder?

I don't know ... he seems to be perennially over with the crowd, if WWE decided to give him a little push, Hardy would be a legit main eventer in no time.

he was in manchester at the smackdown/ecw tapings back in november, more over than HHH or taker with the live crowd those nights, 50 times more over than regal too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Wow, matt seems to have stepped on one of erics nerves there.... :confused:

He said like one line about 80s wrestlers..
    How come Bishoff didnt rag on about JBLs blog where he says the wrestler is great and the difference between now and the 80s?

I dont get it, he seems to have a personal issue with the hardys

Probably because JR knows what he's talking about. Keep in mind he was around then when Matt and Jeff were doing DDT's of a trampoline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Probably because JR knows what he's talking about. Keep in mind he was around then when Matt and Jeff were doing DDT's of a trampoline
    im sure JBL knows too bubs ;)
    ( i know, type-o)

Id still say there is something underlying here.
    Jeff probably more than matt he obviously has a problem with, maybe he rubbed him up the wrong way before?

And what has what matt said got anything to do with being a mid card talent?

Mr Bishoff has confused the hell out of me today :p
    Maybe hes just a bitter old man..

Advertisement