Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat eyes leaking...

Options
  • 12-01-2009 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

My cats eyes have been leaking some kind of black/red pus in want for a better description most of its life...It normally goes away after a few days but over the last year it has got worse and now is not going away...When he was a kitten the vet stated this was normal in some cats but now I think I should get the cat looked again. It's a good natured cat and doesn't seem to be effected by it that much. Has anyone ever came across this in their cat before and also what is the current round about price of getting an animal checked up these days...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Usually costs between €25 and €35 to get an animal checked out. Perhaps choose a diff. vet just to get a second opinion really.

If money is tight perhaps try the blue cross and give a donation of more once you can afford it.

I'd get it checked out again anyway for peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭DancingDaisy

The last time I brought my animals to the vet it was approximately €40. This included a course of antibiotics. That was in November.

I would think that getting the kitty to the vet soon would be the wisest course of action. Hope he's okay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 sailingtonorway

Thanks for the info, I'll be bringing him down tomorrow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭pickles_17

get it checked

Advertisement