Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance Quote: Made me laugh

Options
  • 12-01-2009 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

An Email I received with a quite:

Thank you for contacting No Nonsense Car Insurance. The premium generated on the details to date comes to €350.32. This is based on our standard Third Party, Fire and Theft Policy. If you wish to proceed or discuss including optional policy extras such as windscreen cover or a driving of other cars extension please reply to the above e-mail address with a telephone number and a suitable time for us to call you back at.

An hour later another email:
    Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately we quoted you the incorrect premium on our last e-mail. The correct premium comes to €1350.32. We apologise for any inconvenience caused

I have received a quote from another company for under €500 for fully comp.
    Do insurance companies just make up random figures. Would love to know their pricing structure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Thats a bit nuts alright, my mother who is in her late 50s has been driving for 30 years got a quote from One Direct for over €900, her insurance has been about €350 for the last 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

i bet the 8-ball they use for the premiums wasnt fully settled so they could only see the 350.32.

Advertisement