Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Died: 1 red light!

• 12-01-2009 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭

Xbox just died,
    1 red light with error 74 coming up on screen,
    Any ideas?
    Its out of warranty so its either off to the bin or pay to be fixed which i dont want to do..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941377/

You're pretty much screwed :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

How old is it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Think so....
    Whers the best deal on at the moment,
    Looking for an Arcade or an Elite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Xbox just died,
    Any ideas?
    Its out of warranty so its either off to the bin or pay to be fixed which i dont want to do..

Another one bites the dust!

Unlucky man!

Really good deals on in the north if you can get up there!

Like here for instance http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=5789&cm_sp=x360-_-topnav-_-bundles

(scroll down a bit for more offers)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

same happened to me in october, had a good hd drive already so just got an arcade, even the new arcades are better than the original 360, much quieter.Got 3 old games with it in xtravision for 180, traded em in in smiths and because they were unopened got full price for them came to round 100 store credit.

• Advertisement

its one year and one month old so just out of warranty...Bummer!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Microsoft have extended the warranty on the 360 to 3years. Thats why they took a €1bn hit on their blance sheet in '07.

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/xbox360/hardware/warranty/warrantyupdate/WarrantyUpdate.aspx

Thats for 3 red lights though.......drop it in the bath maybe?

Haha :) Might let my brother open it up and see if he can fix it, hes into that stuff, cant do any harm anyways!?!

Just one thing though, i bought a 120gb from the Far east on eBay about 6 weeks ago....could tht have been a factor?thats why im considering buying an elite and just selling the 120gb HDD i got on eBay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

its one year and one month old so just out of warranty...Bummer!!

The guarentee is 2 years for ALL faults in Ireland
    I got E74 last year when my xbox was nearly 2 years old
    Called MS and was told by a surprisingly helpful rep that there was a 2 year warrenty on irish xbox's...I Just had to send a scan of the receipt to them by email and once they received that they sent the UPS guy to collect it the next day

Call MS before you do anything...You might be surprised

Rage, had to ring them, cost me 15euro in credit and just got cut off (out of credit)when the woman was explaining that i could get a free repair!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Rage, had to ring them, cost me 15euro in credit and just got cut off (out of credit)when the woman was explaining that i could get a free repair!

Annoying! god-damn mo-fo's! (microsoft!)

No word back from m$ yet, so gave in and picked up a 60gb 360 in argos with 2 cheap games and Saints Row 2 for €245, Hope m$ will get back to me and repair my other one and i can sell it on after,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

The E74 means that the AV chip has come out.
    It's caused by over heating (as usual).

Before you do anything, try making sure the AV cable isn't the issue.
    Take it out, and leave it out for a while, and then put it back in as firmly as you can.

It probably won't work, but I know a guy who's had the issue, and this resolved it.
    7 months later still going strong!

As for good offers, Gamestop have an Elite with any game in store for €300.

Xbox just died,
    Any ideas?

Bad luck! Still waiting the return of my X-Box from RROD hell...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Isn't it a freephone number though?

anyways, yeah try ring microsoft and see if theres any sort of warranty left on it before you open it up

Advertisement