Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avenue Q

Options
  • 12-01-2009 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭

So this is closing in London on the 28th of March which is a pity as I really enjoyed it and would have liked more opportunity to see it again. I'm going to the last show at the end of March though - anyone else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭DesignLady

I'm almost tempted to book to see this again. Plan to be over in London again mid-march. Funniest thing I've ever seen. Highly recommend it to anyone on the boards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

It's closing? No way! I saw it in November and loved it. Didn't stop laughing. I wish I could squeeze a trip to London... Would be great to see it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

It was meant to close last July but got a lifeline, same might happen again.

I loved the show the first time I saw it, second time was disappointed in that there was nothing new to see. I've seen some shows 2-8 times and keep going back, this one I don't think I'd want to see a third time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

It's closing?? That's terrible news. I'd love to get over to see it but probably won't be able to afford it. That's very disappointing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

They actually announced the closure back in October http://www.whatsonstage.com/index.php?pg=207&story=E8821224234903. Going to be replaced with something called Calendar Girls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Awww, terrible shame. Managed to catch this on my last London trip. Enjoyed it a lot. Great show and a pity to see it go.

Glad I got to see it while I had the chance though, I'd recommend anyone else try and fit it in if you're over before March.

I think I might try to drag the parents over to it. My sister saw it in New York after I introduced her to the soundtrack. So jealous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I'm 90% sure this show will tour so this won't be the end of it. The set is small and low tech so there's every reason to hope it will come here. The Olympia would be an ok venue for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Zxyton

I saw it only last Friday in London. Fantastic!

Good news everyone! Avenue Q is now not closing, they've decided to move to the Gielgud Theatre. They'll still be finishing at the end of this month but will open up again in June in the new theatre :D

http://usefulwiki.com/londontheatre/avenue-q-moves-to-a-new-theatre.html

• Advertisement

Yay!!!

John you are the bringer of excellent news! That's excellent. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ickymax

yay, I haven't seen it yet! Been dying to go though! I'll be over in london in july! now I'm all excited! wohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Hehe excellent. Not that I'll get to see it any time soon but it's good to know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Yep, I've got tickets for 15th March. Front row centre dress circle - and half price tickets too - god I love being a student!

snappieT wrote: »
    Yep, I've got tickets for 15th March. Front row centre dress circle - and half price tickets too - god I love being a student!
    How was it?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Don't mean to drag up an old thread but off to this in Jan in NYC. Like London they were gonna close but moved to another theatre instead. 6 rows from front! Woot.

Drag away Pythia! What theatre have they moved to do ya know?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

fonpokno wrote: »
    Drag away Pythia! What theatre have they moved to do ya know?

It's called the New World Stages, W 50th St Between 8th and 9th Avenue. Prices are a little cheaper now it's off broadway, and with the dollar conversion rate it's even better! Was so excited to see it would still be on when I'm gonna be there!

It's such a great show. I'd go back to it in a heartbeat!

Then again I'd just go back to New York in a heartbeat... I'd love to go shopping with the exchange rate as it is. :) *dreams*

I would live in New York in a heartbeat... tomorrow, if I could. Oh, imagine how broke I would be from all the shows... that'd be amazing.

• Advertisement

Me too, I'd just live in the theatres. I got to see two when I was there and it wasn't nearly enough. I'd spend all my time at shows if I could.

fonpokno wrote: »
    Me too, I'd just live in the theatres. I got to see two when I was there and it wasn't nearly enough. I'd spend all my time at shows if I could.
    Totally. And I'm moving to London in January. It's gonna be dangerous :D

Blimey! You're the third person I've heard of tonight whos going to London in January. Lucky feckers the lot of you! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 xmcp

Seen this twice in New York and I'd nearly bring the lads to the London version to see their take on it, so ****ing good!

It's hilarious especially if you're age is 18-30, it's definitely aimed at young people.

Advertisement