Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it too good to be true...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 michael_23

"Is this too good to be true" - In a word YES. If I was looking to buy a camera I would most definitely NOT purchase it from that site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

"Is this too good to be true"
    ...this Q answers itself, always ! > YES.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭corkandproud

Has anyone dealt with them, are the fly by nights?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Has anyone dealt with them, are the fly by nights?

You've answered your own question, yes they are fly by nights.

They've come up before and were reported using hacked hotmail/yahoo accounts to email users contacts.

Hint: Payment by wire transfer?

Scam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

wonder how many they have in stock?

http://www.eeb8.com/goods.php?id=68

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Even looking at the website the image of the Canon looks out of focus and the site looks "thrown together". I would give it a miss also.

I find that when something looks or sounds to good to be true, then it is, to good to be true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

was there a site to see reviews/complaints about a particular shop?
    I've searched for it but could find american ones, need to check on one from UK (ajelectronics.co.uk) for a friend buying a camcorder

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

If you do a whois lookup on a site you can start to gather a background check;

eeb8.com

Registrant:
    Organization : huji
    Name : huji
    Address : ddddddd
    City : dddd
    Province/State : xinjiang
    Postal Code : 555555
    <snip>.........

That don't look too promising.

Then do a google on patterns like;

<domain name> sucks
    <domain name> spam
    <domain name> fake

things like that.

In this instance for "eeb8 spam" - you'll see not much but one of the regular scams where someone reports their hotmail account has been hacked and that the company had emailed all their contact. Happened to Sineadw recently if i recall correctly with another site and my sons email account for another site.

If I were you i'd stay about a million miles away from it. But that's just me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Oh the other reason you may not find too much on a google is that they tend to start up -> scam people ->shut down -> open up under a different domain -> scam people ->shut down -> etc..... all very quickly. So i'd say no result or a small number of related results in google is probably not a good sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

quilmore wrote: »
    was there a site to see reviews/complaints about a particular shop?
    I've searched for it but could find american ones, need to check on one from UK (ajelectronics.co.uk) for a friend buying a camcorder

thanks

There's resellerratings which normally has a good portion of the shops out there.
    for UK stuff, www.ciao.co.uk often has reviews from people. For Ebay use toolhaus.org. Invaluable site, has saved me more than once ...

• Advertisement
Advertisement