Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hi I'll give C+C a go

• 12-01-2009 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

End product

3191253503_4b5109c022.jpg

From this....way too much cropping i'm guessing

3192108246_1f0f50ef36.jpg

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭xshayx

Some nice DOF, maybe some extra saturation in the second one. (And try again with a nicer day/sky :) )
    Is that Kilorglin?

Edit: your tag says it is :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

wheres the focal point .... Personally I think its not a good pic

- doesnt illustrate anything (unless its art then thats ok)
    - exposure is ok - bit flat
    - subject is a couple of bumps on a bridge (I guess)

if you are keeping the aperture wide then go closer to one of the bumps and allow the others to create a line - or if you can sidelight use the shadows to create something.

a suggestion would be to place the camera between the rows of bumps.

All in all - a decent pic, but lacks punch (in my opinion)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

Heya,

I think the crop is better than the original; there's a lot of white sky that doesn't look too great. I think I'd have tried to have the bit in focus further along the beam but that's a personal thing. There looks to be some good rusty textures on that ironwork that might look good in black and white?

Oisin

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭simonp1

Thanks xShayx it's Killorglin alright.

PcPhoto thanks for the suggestions & Critique and your right the more I look at it there isn't a focal point. Good idea about placing the camera closer and between the bumps:)

Simon

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭simonp1

Here is the B/W version, hows that look Oisin.

3191426025_4b85549068.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

It looks good, if I were trying to pick out the texture it might be good to use a wider depth of field so the texture isn't so blured maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

For me I like the B&W best. Might possibly make for a great macro shot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

PCPhoto wrote: »
    Personally I think its not a good pic
    All in all - a decent pic

Dude. What?
    - doesnt illustrate anything (unless its art then thats ok)
    Since when do photographs have to illustrate anything? It's a photo... I don't have long winded hidden depths to my photos which i've thought about for months before taking it. It's just a photo of something I may have spotted that interested me.

Personally I think you did a great job on the crop. Nice lead in lines and it fills the frame nicely. I just think it's missing that bit of umph :)

Advertisement