Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't recieve MMS??

• 12-01-2009 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine got a Nokia 2760 for christmas but its locked to meteor and she was with vodafone. I got a chip that sits under the sim so she could use her vodafone sim with the phone but she can't recieve mms texts. Will Meteor unlock the phone if she was to ring them or is there any way her phone can be set up to receive mms texts??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

what kind of chip is this that allows you to use a vodafone sim in a meteor locked phone?

in theory you should be able to just enter the settings but until i find out what this chip is i can't be sure.

these are the settings:
    connection name:Vf MMS
    data bearer: packet data
    APN:mms.vodafone.net
    username:dublin
    prompt password:no
    password:dublin
    authentication:normal
    homepage:http://www.vodafone.ie/mms
    network type:IPv4
    phone IP address:automatic
    name servers (DNS): automatic
    proxy address:010.024.059.200
    proxy port:80

edit: or you can get the settings sent directly to your phone from the nokia website here:
    https://nokiags.wdsglobal.com/standard?siteLanguageId=118

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

right so it looks to me like that makes the phone completely behave as if it's unlocked so if you get the settings sent from the site via the link i posted it should work

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    right so it looks to me like that makes the phone completely behave as if it's unlocked so if you get the settings sent from the site via the link i posted it should work

Thanks alot, working fine now :)

Advertisement