Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deluded fools who think they can win at Poker

Options
  • 12-01-2009 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭

You cant win at poker simple as, id love to know how many people actually win money at poker here long term my guess would be 0/100, stop deluding yourselves you cant win at gambling and poker is gambling simple as that, lets say you want to play sit and gs max 6 people you would have to win 33% of the time to make it worth ye while which might happen in the short term but not the long term, so before ye deride this thread just be honest and admit to yeselves that ye have lost money at poker and probaly lost a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

thanks, good post, would read again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

From post of the day but its fitting.

k1.jpg

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 45,423 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

You cant win at poker simple as, id love to know how many people actually win money at poker here long term my guess would be 0/100, stop deluding yourselves you cant win at gambling and poker is gambling simple as that, lets say you want to play sit and gs max 6 people you would have to win 33% of the time to make it worth ye while which might happen in the short term but not the long term, so before ye deride this thread just be honest and admit to yeselves that ye have lost money at poker and probaly lost a lot.

Im guesssing you lost ALOT or cant play the game properly or both.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

It's true, I am posting from an internet cafe as I have lost my house, wife and laptop.

Where did it all go wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Amigomenor

Great post Trailerparkboy. Cant wait for the next installment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

we normally close up these things pretty quickly.

but meh. Have fun boys....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Can someone help me I can't play,and I'm not very good at maths either.

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Pulsar Eagle

shoutman wrote: »
    It's true, I am posting from an internet cafe as I have lost my house, wife and laptop.

Happened you too, dam POKERs

Only thing now is hu4rolz!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

andyrooney-1.jpg
    imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

shoutman wrote: »

If you could have won playing poker,perhaps you could have afforded a better solictor to handle the divorce;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Gillybean72

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/ranking/342

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Yea but where does it say how much they have lost this year.............:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

I would issue the mandatory hu for gafs but Id rather not move out of my plush pad if I happened to win the trailer.

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Variance imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

2 Tips to winning poker.

1. It's not a guessing game and 2 there's abit of maths involved, going by the above you've alot to learn on both counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

doing_it_wrong_bike.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'm up.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

is this not the guy that ws on about buyin 8 wedge's out of centra cause it only costs 80c cause if he bulls a full box it costs two euroo and he was on about learning to play poker! he must have lost a whole big and small blind in the 1-2 plh in the fitz at the weekend!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,303 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Hi Chris,
    Up to your old tricks as usual.

To be honest, the standard is slipping. Where are the glory days of trolling gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

shipment-of-fail.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

opr wrote: »
    From post of the day but its fitting.

Opr

ah, just what the internet needs, more pictures of cats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Enzo Scifo

Your dead right and everyone else mocking you are just fooling themselves. Please count me as your friend :). Please also text me anytime you are playing a cash yoke on the compacter like so that I can see your alegbra genius at work :o. Poker is very simple. Remember, if you have none of the flop you have 8 chances of getting a hit with the next card. If your 2 cards match with the flop then fold, its very rare a quad bike comes along..

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

troll_web.jpg

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

motivator5451905ll8.jpg
    w750.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Jesus thats hideous

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

I unticked safe search on google

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

20070531-231156.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

That picture is fcuking disgusting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

RoadSweeper, you have an ill mind for putting that up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Roadsweaper, legend of a pic.

If any of the lads had planned on getting their groove on tonight you've gone and killed it :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement