Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deluded fools who think they can win at Poker

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Icarus152

I reckon 5% of the fishermen catch 95% of the fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Grafter wrote: »
    Joking aside, I have no reason to disbelieve the 80/20 rule.

80% of people are statistically crap at everything in life including winning, breeding, making noise, posting on boards, spelling statisticallly etc

Poker is like life, so, logically, 80% of poker players can't spell.

wtf you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Icarus152

80% of people are statistically crap at everything in life including winning, breeding, making noise, posting on boards, spelling statisticallly etc

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    wtf you on about?

I-ronnie FTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Poker.inthe.Pub

Poker is not only about winning money it is a social get together for a good banter and a good night out.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭pok3rplaya

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    hardhand.gif

Serious question time, thats HJ right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

pok3rplaya wrote: »
    Serious question time, thats HJ right?

Thats what I was thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

No thats not me it doesnt even look like me! We both just have short brown hair. I weigh less than that guy, am better looking, and dont make retarded facial expressions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭pok3rplaya

yeah yeah...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

haha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Drakar wrote: »

What Im wondering is isn't this easy to prove by people with large numbers of hands in PT having a look and seeing how many opponents are winning players vs how many losing players are in there. Im thinking it might be 40% winning vs 60% losing?

Not sure about this... from my limited use of PT, it only takes account of players win/loss when your at the tables with them... they could be up aloot of money when you are playing with them but down alot more when you are not. (i know you said over a large number of hands but my point is still valid.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Conbro

Degag wrote: »
    Not sure about this... from my limited use of PT, it only takes account of players win/loss when your at the tables with them... they could be up aloot of money when you are playing with them but down alot more when you are not. (i know you said over a large number of hands but my point is still valid.)

Sure it is

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

the way i c it... as u start off in poker.. its generally a 50 - 50 winners losers,, however these are at lower stakes.. and then these "winners" move to middle stakes and then the winners of this 50 50 bring monies up to higer stakes etc... as you can see gather a snowballing effect wherby poker players a generally bring money to the elite / pro poker players who snap it up... and i would say in general results that there are 10 percent true winners.. however that is not to say well disciplined players players can make a small profit... sticking to his medium stakes.

We both just have short brown hair. I weigh less than that guy, am better looking, and dont make retarded facial expressions

2 of these statements are true. Just 2 mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

2 of these statements are true. Just 2 mind.
    Are you saying HJ makes retarded facial expressions? Pics or it never happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

I don't know about you guys, but I'm a big fan of having fun playing poker. If I win some money, that's a bonus. If I lose a few bob, no biggie, I had fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

dogcatchfail.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Are you saying HJ makes retarded facial expressions? Pics or it never happened.

hardhand.gif

fatguy wrote: »
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm a big fan of having fun playing poker. If I win some money, that's a bonus. If I lose a few bob, no biggie, I had fun.

Don't ever post in one of my staking threads again.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Adrock-aka

I hate fun and get seriously pissd off when I lose, can i post?

Ha! That doesn't mean I don't mind playing badly or throwing away my money, or worse, someone else's. I want to win and to play as well as I can. There's a big difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Yep its difficult to turn a profit playing sit n gos, thats why I play cash games mainly and then when my cards are running good il play double up sit and gos. Thats how I make a profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

To take you a little too seriously, way more than 80% of people suck really badly at thinking. You're looking at > 95% imo.

Adrock-aka wrote: »
    I hate fun and get seriously pissd off when I lose, can i post?

No.
    fatguy wrote: »
    Ha! That doesn't mean I don't mind playing badly or throwing away my money, or worse, someone else's. I want to win and to play as well as I can. There's a big difference.

I know, i was taking the piss;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 glenn_lfc

DeadParrot wrote: »
    with a shovel.

now here's a woman I could have sweaty armpit sex with

Moustache_Fat_Troll_Woman.jpg

although, something about that 'tache is familiar.....

...hang on a sec...
    MARY-HARNEY.jpg
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭-mr.x-

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/daragh/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]aragh id do er[IMG]file:///C:/Users/daragh/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

funny_girl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Seriosuly guys those pics are ****ing nasty. I want to scrub my eyeballs with a wire brush and detol.

I know, i was taking the piss;)
    DAMN YOU!!!!11

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement