Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some saving advice.

Options
  • 12-01-2009 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hello ! I'm a part time student and a full time worker who's going to hopefully be finished college soon. I want to go on a trip to the US when I'm finished and was wondering what would be the best way for me to save my pennies. I was thinking of going with Bank of Ireland's easy saver account here: http://www.bankofireland.ie/personal/savings_and_investment/savings/easysaver/index.html because it looks good to me but I don't really understand AER,DIRT or know what a tracker mortgage is. I'm already a BOI customer.

I'd probably like to go late August/early September so this gives me 8 or 9 months of saving, might even make that 10 depending on what happens. I was thinking of saving about 200 euros a month but I could probably save more if I put my mind to it I've never really tried. I want to go for as long as possible and see a lot of places. I don't mind bus'n it or hostels. A friend of mine says they are going to save as much as they can in the credit union as they will then give you a loan for the amount you saved.

Any advice on whats the best way for me to collect my beans ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,492 ✭✭✭✭fits

I was looking into this recently and found First Active's Regular Saver account to give the best AER. You can access the money any time if you need it.

Advertisement