Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Leagues

• 12-01-2009 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Just started posting here, so was wondering where everyone plays and what the set up is?

I play in Laois where we have two divisions, A and B, with 14 teams in total. Ten man panels where we have eight singles games a night.

Anyone else here play in county leagues and how do they work where you play??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Just started posting here, so was wondering where everyone plays and what the set up is?

I play in Laois where we have two divisions, A and B, with 14 teams in total. Ten man panels where we have eight singles games a night.

Anyone else here play in county leagues and how do they work where you play??

A local pub in Bray is starting a league between it's regulars in a few weeks and I'm on the list, that will be my first challenge. Then in October I will join a local team who play in the Monday night Dun Laoghaire Darts league if my game keeps up to scratch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

I play in the Rushtown darts league

i play for st. colmchilles in swords on the team with Jacko Barry and Brother Mick Barry (both very good players) and about 6 other players on the team

The Format is 6 games on the night, first to 2 in each game.

its good fun and great experience

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

Six games and first to two? We play 8 games and first to five in each game, makes for a long game sometimes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭scunner

New poster as well.
    Play in the kildare league.
    Two divisions North and South.
    League format 7 singles and 1 doubles match played last.
    Best of 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Six games and first to two? We play 8 games and first to five in each game, makes for a long game sometimes!!

see i would love to consistently play first to 5 in a league, it would allow you to settle in and gain a good experience

• Advertisement

Sorry, meant best of 5

Oh yeah, going one leg down isn't a big deal, you can chalk it down to settling on the board. I've come back from 2-0 down to win 3-2, and had it happen to me a few times, gives you some great experience. Our ranking tournaments are the same format

We also have a cup that teams from both A and B leagues play in where it's best of five 501, double in double out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

I play for the Bridge Bar in the SW Donegal Darts League.
    Format: 3 Doubles and 6 singles best of 3. 10 Players per panel you can change players after the doubles. Our knockout Cup is first to 4, best of 5.

Oh and our games are on Saturday nights which fecks things up for travelling to tournments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

I play in the Dun Laoghaire Borough Dart League.

Monday night is strong players.
    Tuesday night is average pub players.
    Wednesday night is womans league

Each night there are 8 singles games - best of 3 in 501.

The Website for the league is www.darts.ie

Anyone else, just to get an idea of where everyone is playing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I haven't thrown in a league since moving to Dublin from Chicago. Our leagues the Southside Dart League and Windy City Darters (who host the Windy City Open every year) have similar formats.

Southside Dart League

Best of three each game. Players may play one singles and no more than three times per night. No two players can play more than one doubles match together.

Singles 501
    Doubles Chicago Format (501,301 and Cricket)
    Singles 301
    Doubles Cricket
    Single Diddlers choice (winner of diddle has choice of format)
    Singles Cricket
    Doubles 301
    Singles Chicago Format (501,301 and Cricket)
    Doubles 501

Windy City League

Best of three each game. Player may play one singles and no more than four times in one night. No two players can play more than one doubles match together.

Singles 501
    Doubles Chicago Format (501,301 and Cricket)
    Singles 301
    Doubles Cricket
    Singles Chicago Format (501,301 and Cricket)
    Doubles Choice (team down at this point of the night can pick the format)
    Doubles 301
    Singles Cricket
    Doubles 501

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Giant Reed

Play in Roscrea, which is part of the Banagher league

6 games of singles, 1 game of 501, straight in

3 games of Doubles, 3 games of 501, straight in

Singles format is too short and unforgiving if you ask me, a couple of bad throws to settle and you mightnt even get to a double!

Advertisement