Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford hotel for work in WIT

• 12-01-2009 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,583 ✭✭✭

I'm due to work in WIT for a few weeks around Feb/March time. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a hotel.

In terms of what I'm looking for closeness to the college would be handy but will be driving, broadband (in room or lobby) would be nice. Looking to keep the costs down to something reasonable. even if i got a couple of names to check out it would be great help.

Thanks....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

The ramada hotel is just up the road from the college.Only been there for grub and a wedding and thought it was grand.Some one else here could probably give a fair enough review of it if you were thinking of staying there.
    Here's a link to their site which probably has plenty of details for ya.
    http://www.ramadavikinghotel.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,583 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Meatwad wrote: »
    The ramada hotel is just up the road from the college.Only been there for grub and a wedding and thought it was grand.Some one else here could probably give a fair enough review of it if you were thinking of staying there.
    Here's a link to their site which probably has plenty of details for ya.
    http://www.ramadavikinghotel.ie/

thanks for that. looks good. any opinion out there would be welcome. their website mentions broadband, seems cheap enough and close to college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Its about €50 a night, why just the rent a house for the same price a week....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I stayed in this hotel and found it to be very comfortable. It's out of town though so if you wanted to go for a pint without driving I think it would have to be in the hotel. I didn't eat there though so can't comment on food. The room was €65 but that was over 2 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

have you tried the travel lodge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

AFAIK Ramada charges for Broadband and it is well out of town!

If you are driving then stay in town as it's only a five minute drive to WIT - at least you have the option of going out around the town, restaurants, pubs etc!

Try the Tower Hotel or the Granville Hotel.

If you are staying for a few weeks, call them and do a deal - I'm sure they would be more than accommodating in these difficult times!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,583 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Thanks for all the feedback. :) will look into them further now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

If you don't have a car you'd be better off sticking with the Travel Lodge. The Ramada is on the outskirts of the city and not really accessible by foot.

Advertisement