Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Kit

• 12-01-2009 8:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get one of these?
    I'm looking to upgrade to an Elite.
    I obviously want to transfer the info (profile, saved games, arcade games) off of my existing hard drive.
    Now I'm intending on trading in the olt Pro, just to knock a few quid off the price, but obviously would need to hand in the old drive with that.
    I need to transfer the data off the same day I pick up the Elite, but obviously would need the cable for that.
    The stores I asked in, don't seem to have one (although I've one more Game to try) and don't sell them.
    I know I could order it off of MS, but i've had plenty of experience of how long that'd take!

Anyone know of any other ways?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Some places do it for ya I think. As long as your trading in your old console for a new one, they'll transfer your files to the new hard drive. Last time I asked Gamestop do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Did you ask in Gamestop stores or just Game? As far as I can recall Gamestop were the main ones doing the HD transfers, I could be wrong.

I ordered the transfer kit from MS and got it within a month, but I had a spare HD to use while I was waiting. If you can't get hold of the kit elsewhere, I can lend you mine (post it), if you promise to post it back when you're done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭PG4000

If you trade in and buy the new 360 in Gamestop, they can transfer it for you. It takes about 30 mins or so to do, depending on how much you have stored on the 20gb hard drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Strange, I asked in Gamestop, and they said they didn't do it.
    Probably just the guy in the store.
    There're two other Gamestop's in Limerick, so I'll phone them up.

Thanks Koneko.
    Great of you to offer.
    I'd be more than willing to pay any P&P and would send it back straight away.
    I'll see what I can find from Gamestop first though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

koneko wrote: »
    Did you ask in Gamestop stores or just Game? As far as I can recall Gamestop were the main ones doing the HD transfers, I could be wrong.

I ordered the transfer kit from MS and got it within a month, but I had a spare HD to use while I was waiting. If you can't get hold of the kit elsewhere, I can lend you mine (post it), if you promise to post it back when you're done :)

Is the cable not a single use one only? Also did you send the form to america to order it or is there a place closer to home to order it from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

GAAman wrote: »
    Is the cable not a single use one only? Also did you send the form to america to order it or is there a place closer to home to order it from?
    The transfer itself, from 20GB HDD to 120GB HDD, is one time only. The transfer cable and software can be used indefinately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/datamigration.htm
    Click how to get your free cable on the left of that page, the PDF file has a UK address on it.
    Be prepared for a bit of a wait though, think it took 6 weeks for mine to arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Is the cable not a single use one only?

No, you can use it multiple times. It'd be pretty hard to make a cable single use. Unless it had some kind of self-destruct mechanism in place which would be a bit expensive one would think. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Best thing is you can connect it to your pc and browse through your stuff (backup etc) using some application like Xplorer360

No, you can use it multiple times. It'd be pretty hard to make a cable single use. Unless it had some kind of self-destruct mechanism in place which would be a bit expensive one would think. :)

Ha i just read it and was picked up wrong, i meant in terms of koneko askin for the cable back, you couldnt use it again on the same hdd

But fair balls koneko for offerin to send it wouldnt get many people who would do that :)

• Advertisement

Ha i just read it and was picked up wrong, i meant in terms of koneko askin for the cable back, you couldnt use it again on the same hdd

But fair balls koneko for offerin to send it wouldnt get many people who would do that :)

Oh! i get ya now! i still don't see how it's single use for the one hard drive though... must give mine a try again to see.

PS - I lent mine to a guy on Boards too, got it back a week later in the post, no probs, i'd do it again too if anyone needs it.

PS - I lent mine to a guy on Boards too, got it back a week later in the post, no probs, i'd do it again too if anyone needs it.

Would save me alot of bother with sendin the form and waitin on it if you did, no pressure though :)

Would save me alot of bother with sendin the form and waitin on it if you did, no pressure though :)

No probs, would you mind sending a fiver through Paypal or something to cover postage? PM me your address if that's cool and i'll get it away to you asap. :)

No probs, would you mind sending a fiver through Paypal or something to cover postage? PM me your address if that's cool and i'll get it away to you asap. :)

I was gonna say the same thing (bout me coverin postage) pm now in a minute cheers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I don't mind at all, mine is on lend to another Boardsie right now actually, so if he hasn't posted it back to me yet, he could post it to you and then you could post it back to me when we're done.
    I don't need it back just yet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pires

Hi Lads,

I just got a super elite and I need a data transfer cable I order one but it wont arrived in time as I'm going to sell my old one to a friend in brazil and I'm going for holidays in less then 2 weeks

any one could lend me one ?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

Forgot i have one of these sitting unused at home. First person to pm me get's it

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pires

I will take it

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

Still waiting on mine which was ordered over 4 weeks ago. Hoping to sell old xbox to a friend for her son for Christmas so need it soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Still waiting on mine which was ordered over 4 weeks ago. Hoping to sell old xbox to a friend for her son for Christmas so need it soon.

Then use a memory card. You can transfer game saves etc in a couple of
    minutes then re-download anything you've bought off Marketplace etc onto your new Xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

has someone one thay could lend me, i'll pop €10 back in the envelope to cover postage....tks

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

smooch71 wrote: »
    Then use a memory card. You can transfer game saves etc in a couple of
    minutes then re-download anything you've bought off Marketplace etc onto your new Xbox.

I'm using theold 20Gb on my new super elite for now so not affecting me too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

I'm using theold 20Gb on my new super elite for now so not affecting me too much.

Doesn't look as cool though!

Advertisement