Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of Focus and off topic...

Options
  • 12-01-2009 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭

DeV has gifted us this off topic thread idea from Poker for general chat/offtopic/banter type thread. So here it is. I'd stick a virtual bar in the corner but I think a few of our users are underage, so the bar is that way and the juice bar and cafe are this other way.

Want to mouth off about photography, say nice things, good things, rant about running out of batteries for your flash, praise the lovely sunset you got last night, generally do the boards meet up thing in virtual landscape, this is it.

Thread is stickied and if someone will come up with a better name for it than "no topic photography" thread I'd be grateful. I'm all out of inspiration for that stuff, I waste it on naming photographs.

have fun.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

This is the problem and I don't mean to sound like a merchant of doom but this is too forced, we're herded into here like.
    All we asked for is to be able to have a little banter in a normal free flowing way when the occasion/thread calls.
    Again it probs seems like I am rocking the boat but this is not the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

There are 90 odd other people on besides you AR; good man for giving it a go.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

In Carlow, its called "The Random Waffle Thread". If thats any use. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭CraggyIslander

ah go on AR, give it a chance.... let this thread show how we can all have banter.... use it occasionally to vent our drunken spleen..... and you'll see slightly on / slightly off topic banter return to regular threads in no time

I for one raise a glass of the 12 year old single malt whiskey I received for xmas to this

*hcikup*

Nisio wrote: »
    There are 90 odd other people on besides you AR; good man for giving it a go.
    I just happened to post first, sorry for being so quick of the mark. :o

• Advertisement

ah go on AR, give it a chance.... let this thread show how we can all have banter.... use it occasionally to vent our drunken spleen..... and you'll see slightly on / slightly off topic banter return to regular threads in no time

I for one raise a glass of the 12 year old single malt whiskey I received for xmas to this

*hcikup*
    Mmmm the drunken bit does appeal now that you mention it and this line "and you'll see slightly on / slightly off topic banter return to regular threads in no time" maybe can be the key.

aahh well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Ahem.

I believe The Darkroom was suggested.

*pimps*

Thats the spirit :)

Now who wants a glass of golden treasure, before I'm off to drink it all with my spaghetti dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

How about "The out of focus thread"?

Gordon wrote: »

I like it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Dink

Very good idea!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Nerin wrote: »

*pimps*

Good god almighty ! no pimping ! Thats what got us into this trouble in the first place !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

anyone who drinks 12 year old with spaghetti should be shot. Just my humble opinion, like.. Or should at least give said 12 year old to someone with the taste to use it sensibly.

The out of focus thread it is! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

That was easy.

Tea calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

This is the problem and I don't mean to sound like a merchant of doom but

We're doomed!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

sineadw wrote: »
    anyone who drinks 12 year old with spaghetti should be shot. Just my humble opinion, like.. Or should at least give said 12 year old to someone with the taste to use it sensibly.

The out of focus thread it is! :D

Not at all.

The joy of opening a bottle such as that should be the celebration in itself, there is no need to wait for "the right moment" to do so.

This is the problem and I don't mean to sound like a merchant of doom but this is too forced, we're herded into here like.
    All we asked for is to be able to have a little banter in a normal free flowing way when the occasion/thread calls.
    Again it probs seems like I am rocking the boat but this is not the answer.

What the hell? Complaining already that something isn't what you want it and that its failed seven minutes after its been tried out.

I mean, you give some really good advice on comments on photos, and you post some excellent shots yourself, but jesus, you can be a right ****. Can you not just see that at the moment, everyone is making an effort to get to the same point and instead bitching and sniping, put a bit of effort into helping out the mods and community. It is harder work then standing back and whining, but its worth a hell of a lot more.

Maybe read down to the next few posts, funnily enough thats what the original guy on the wedding photo got banned for, not reading threads fully! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

you stole that title from animalrights photos didn't ya ;)

(banter right ? i'm trying hard here!)

Maybe read down to the next few posts, funnily enough thats what the original guy on the wedding photo got banned for, not reading threads fully! :P

I had read your following posts, my point still stands. You had the option of editing out that post or deleting it. Instead, you throw in a smiley and hope thats all good. Come off it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    you stole that title from animalrights photos didn't ya ;)

(banter right ? i'm trying hard here!)

It's alright, that's the way they were meant to look:D

:D:D:D

Dink wrote: »
    :D:D:D

So...i hear ye like photos... ^_^

Welcome to the wonderful world of otb threads :)

I for one use awful mobile phone cameras to take my pictures :p

I had read your following posts, my point still stands. You had the option of editing out that post or deleting it. Instead, you throw in a smiley and hope thats all good. Come off it.
    lol, I am not one for censorship.
    I post how I feel at what times....if I deleted the 1st post would make the following points look silly, now chill out..seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

soccerc wrote: »

OMG - this banter stuff is better than I thought. could catch on.

okok i confess, had a stella to wash down the spaghetti...... brushed my teeth and now I really am going to enjoy that 12 year old golden bodied malt.......

/yeech mint n wiskey dont mix!

soccerc wrote: »

C220F8B2FA094A30806E9603BEAEB878-800.jpg

But but....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

/yeech mint n wiskey dont mix!

Hell even I could have told you that and I don't drink whiskey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Calina wrote: »
    Hell even I could have told you that and I don't drink whiskey.
    A 12 year old malt sounds like whisky and not whiskey

• Advertisement

Keep drinking the whiskey, after a little while, you won't taste the mint!!!!!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement