Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of Focus and off topic...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭dakar

l pearse wrote: »

It's weird though that the recent Cadbury's ads have had NOTHING to do with chocolate....

explain please.

The fact that we're discussing them might just be a sign of their success:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

viral marketing win

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

dakar wrote: »
    The fact that we're discussing them might just be a sign of their success:)

'Confuse your audience' :o And yes, it works! Remember those highly critised adverts for Benneton, the ones with black woman breastfeeding a white baby and the anorix model? Notin to do with fashion but it worked!

Hence as well the Nestlé Oats&Raisins thingie (which drives my boyfriend crazy): "Yes, it's delicious, but You Won't Like It", another form used here, negative advertsing and therefore creating a curiousity and a reaction of people sayin 'ha, u say I wont like it, I'll prove you wrong u stupid telly advert' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

sNarah wrote: »
    Hence as well the Nestlé Oats&Raisins thingie (which drives my boyfriend crazy): "Yes, it's delicious, but You Won't Like It", another form used here, negative advertsing and therefore creating a curiousity and a reaction of people sayin 'ha, u say I wont like it, I'll prove you wrong u stupid telly advert' :D

Is that what it's for?! I think sometimes the people making these ads don't actually realise they're to 'Advertise' a product. They can be just too vague.

Or confusing. Like the ad for the Volkwagen with the guy fighting himself. What's that all about?!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭l pearse

Check this one out....one of my favorites....:D
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=1KamGvOzYjw&feature=related

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭CraggyIslander

saw the eyebrow one tonight and just shrugged, the gorilla ones (phil c and bonnie t) were interesting at least, this one was more or less a WTF is this supposed to be one. Bit like the guinness one where they paid xMillion to hire the whole village for that domino effect....... wasnt that a waste... (bring back the surfer!)

Kids with moving eyebrows???........ cadbury shoulda gone for an air guitar ac/dc or something instead.

/rant mode off..... been bad week :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Just took me aaaaaaages to figure out this: Mylene Klass is playing the piano for a Pantene add, and I so recognised the song... Thinking it was a classical piece... But couldn't be any further off! And then, tonite, it just hit me!

I won't give it away just now, just try to catch the add and listen to the song and see if anyone else can figure it out! :rolleyes:

For the unpatient ones:
    Daft Punk - Aerodynamic
    Guess you didn't see that one coming!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

hmmm i've almost given up watching telly so i dont see that many ads anymore - oh joy!!!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

My TV schedule is Dave or Simpsons during my dinners and MTV during house duties. It saves a lot of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

l pearse wrote: »
    Ads.......What do you think of the new Cadbury's ad? v. funny.
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=TVblWq3tDwY&feature=related

It's weird though that the recent Cadbury's ads have had NOTHING to do with chocolate....eg. Gorilla playing the drums
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=BvJ6Z8TNaKs

& before that there was the one with the rally in an airport!!!!!
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=_YkV4a6WZ-U

explain please.

Brand building. Because of that ad, Cadbury's went up in "popular association" and saw and increase in sales that matched with a drop off for Nestle.

Basically, people now think they are "cool".

I love marketing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Does somebody need a desktop calendar in photographer/geeky style? :pac:

camera_calender2.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Each ring controls an aspect of the calendar but watch out 2032 because that’s when the world will end, at least in this iteration since it can’t go any further.

Simple question ...... How many Calenders do you require to cover ALL years?

The answer is Really Simple & is NOT a trick question.

14?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

14?

Is the correct answer. Your logic is?

Well there are only 7 options for the 1st of January. Then leap years will throw the sequence out so another 7 for those. Voila 14 :)

Here's a random celebration of the things the human brain will get up to if left out in the sun too long.

I present to you Dirty Car Art

No, it's not what you think............

No, it's not what you think............

Indeed it wasnt, kinda cool actually

Well there are only 7 options for the 1st of January. Then leap years will throw the sequence out so another 7 for those. Voila 14 :)

How about combining all 14 into one single page pdf?

* the things we do when bored at work! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Ok - back on topic - Anyone up for a 'blonde' joke (apologies in advance to both male and female blondes out there).

A blonde lady gets stopped by a blonde female garda for speeding. She is asked by the female officer for identification. The blonde lady rummages about in her bag but can't seem to find it. She pulls her compact mirror out and opens it. "Aha!" she says, "this is it" and hands her compact to the female officer who opens the compact. "Oh" says the officer, "I never knew you were a guard". :pac: :pac: :pac:

Right I know, awful. But if you have about 14 pints then it would be soooo funnny.

EDIT - Honest apologies wrong thread :D

hah.. gardai. theyre so stupid.

• Advertisement

Sorry - posted this in a wrong thread earlier :)

Anyone up for a 'blonde' joke (apologies in advance to both male and female blondes out there).

A blonde lady gets stopped by a blonde female garda for speeding. She is asked by the female officer for identification. The blonde lady rummages about in her bag but can't seem to find it. She pulls her compact mirror out and opens it. "Aha!" she says, "this is it" and hands her compact to the female officer who opens the compact. "Oh" says the officer, "I never knew you were a guard".

Right I know, awful. But if you have about 14 pints then it would be soooo funnny.

EDIT - Honest apologies wrong thread

wait I mean blondes.. blondes.. Yes.. I meant blondes.

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    EDIT - Honest apologies wrong thread

Fail

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

on a totally different wing...

it's kinda depassé to continually post individual threads but the tough guy challenge stuff from boston.com has some really cool photos again. I'm so loving that site. Anyone know of similar sites by other newspapers?

Hell, how do we find out about stuff like this? I know I shoof stuff into expeditions when I find out but, I'd kill to go take photos at a bog snorkelling event, for example.

Anyone know anyone who knows someone etc.

gah.. merge.. Oh how I loathe merges. Except when they're merges of idiots asking for camera buying advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Ok - back on topic - Anyone up for a 'blonde' joke (apologies in advance to both male and female blondes out there).

A blonde lady gets stopped by a blonde female garda for speeding. She is asked by the female officer for identification. The blonde lady rummages about in her bag but can't seem to find it. She pulls her compact mirror out and opens it. "Aha!" she says, "this is it" and hands her compact to the female officer who opens the compact. "Oh" says the officer, "I never knew you were a guard". :pac: :pac: :pac:

EDIT - Honest apologies wrong thread :D

An cat dubh i said that joke last week! Grr go get your own! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭l pearse

Calina wrote: »
    on a totally different wing...

it's kinda depassé to continually post individual threads but the tough guy challenge stuff from boston.com has some really cool photos again. I'm so loving that site. Anyone know of similar sites by other newspapers?

Hell, how do we find out about stuff like this? I know I shoof stuff into expeditions when I find out but, I'd kill to go take photos at a bog snorkelling event, for example.

Anyone know anyone who knows someone etc.

l hear DCU Rock Climbing Club are talking about Bog Snorkling on their Forum....:eek:
    https://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~climbing/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1497
    You could offer them your photog services maybe, lf it gets off the ground or in this case under the muck.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

You're a star, thanks for that.

landyman wrote: »
    An cat dubh i said that joke last week! Grr go get your own! :-)

Ah yes, but where did you steal it from ????? :pac:

That's the second time today i've been caught, a boston.com thread and a blonde joke..... Meh! I'll give up my comedy career - and my posting aesthetically swell threads.

Ok, to everyone else - all complaints over the quality of the blonde joke goes to Landyman. Thank you.

//Off the hook :) //

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

If I drink all 5 litres in this keg* am I likely to be out of focus or out of control

656C96C683314A08BF4FEB4B1C2A449F-500.jpg

It's been sitting under the stairs since Crimbo and seems nobody drinks the stuff

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement