Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of Focus and off topic...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Totaly off topic, (dunno if it belongs in here at all), but anybody interested in moving into a gaf in Edenderry?

Were moving next month or so and will probably be setting up a darkroom or at least a few different printers in one of the rooms and would rather have a photography enthusiast in, than a random weird foreign guy. The room would be very cheap and the house is massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Just saw Miley Cyrus on Jonathan Ross;

:eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Tallon wrote: »
    Were moving next month or so and will probably be setting up a darkroom or at least a few different printers in one of the rooms and would rather have a photography enthusiast in, than a random weird foreign guy. The room would be very cheap and the house is massive.

I wood like be move in house. I be dark so live in dark room. I send you bank draft for $10,000 and you send me back difference. How much rent? Pleeese call me back velly soon as I velly interested.

I wood like be move in house. I be dark so live in dark room. I send you bank draft for $10,000 and you send me back difference. How much rent? Pleeese call me back velly soon as I velly interested.

lol, best offer I've had yet

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Love the sense of humor Pullandbang. Brilliant.

Just reading todays Irish Indo and I found this comment by one of the BOI lads at a meeting over NAMA "At Bank of Ireland we don't do stress. If you have stress, you're not up to the job,". Never a truer word said. Pressure is one thing we all deal with but is you're in a job and your under stress - GTFO !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

.."At Bank of Ireland we don't do stress. If you have stress, you're not up to the job,"....

Um...they don't need to do stress. They can manage to blls-up the entire economy and the only people who need to get stressed is the tax-payers that will foot the bill for their scrw-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Totaly off topic, (dunno if it belongs in here at all), but anybody interested in moving into a gaf in Edenderry?

Ha i'll only be down the road

landyman wrote: »
    Ha i'll only be down the road

We'll have to go for a drink so!

We'll have to go for a drink so!

Anytime after the leaving cert so! Just realised i've only 15 days left in school! The thoughts!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Love the range of people posting here. Didn't know we'd 4 LC students now.

Love this from Big Shots.

• Advertisement

kateos2 wrote: »
    Got enough points in my portfolio to do photography in DIT next year =]

I was so pissed with that, missed the deadline by two days and they wouldnt accept it.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

landyman wrote: »
    I was so pissed with that, missed the deadline by two days and they wouldnt accept it.......

That's unlucky! kind of like me with IADT, had my irish oral that day so couldn't make it in and they wouldn't accept it later in the day.

That's unlucky! kind of like me with IADT, had my irish oral that day so couldn't make it in and they wouldn't accept it later in the day.

Ye and the worst thing is that i had no excuse for missing it. I just plain forgot about it.

Ah well its good that you got it. Well done.

Hopefully i'll get the journalism course in dit though. Get one foot into the door of photojournalism is my plan. Its a hefty 445 points though, and i'm working at 440 atm, so if i get in it will be by the smallest amount. And the big day is only a month and three days away!

Who else is undergoing this torture (by that i mean the lc)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

ah good luck! :)

i think it's just me challengemaster, and ricky91t, not sure if there's anyone else!

Ye and the worst thing is that i had no excuse for missing it. I just plain forgot about it.

Ah well its good that you got it. Well done.

Hopefully i'll get the journalism course in dit though. Get one foot into the door of photojournalism is my plan. Its a hefty 445 points though, and i'm working at 440 atm, so if i get in it will be by the smallest amount. And the big day is only a month and three days away!

Who else is undergoing this torture (by that i mean the lc)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

for anyone looking to beat the clampers;

I think this idea was copyrighted by the borg with their cloaking device ;)

Great photo of Paul O'Connell in this week's Big Shots. Credited to Peter Morrison - well impressed.

Calina wrote: »
    Great photo of Paul O'Connell in this week's Big Shots. Credited to Peter Morrison - well impressed.

Great shot of Paul, however the shot of Jorgen Person is a wonderful capture - really impressed.

As for the two girls doing the mud wrestling - great lighting and glass to get that speed.

I love that site.

I can see why. Some amazing shots.
    I just found this one of Ester Baron swimming - absolutly wonderful.

• Advertisement

And the Sacramento Bee does some stuff worth looking at as well.

Interesting read. One of the shots of Obama had Biffo on Paddy's at lunch. Nice to see we made the grade. Curious insight to the inside of the white house.

It's facinating to see other peoples browsing time ......

It's facinating to see other peoples browsing time ......

FWIW I spent the last 3 hours researching construction costs of pumped storage stations in France and Belgium...

I want tomorrow to be Saturday. But it's not.

I am starting to think we need a "isn't boston.com fantastic" thread. Have a look at these from the Volvo Ocean Race.

Hell they are fantastic.

Roll on Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭l pearse

98fm are giving away one golden ticket this Saturday,16th May @ 12noon.
    They will drop the ticket from a Helicopter, over Sandymount Strand.
    There is 98 tickets altogether and the winning ticket @ the end of the month get €100.000.....Eazy Peezy!!!!!

Might make a good shot...:)
    newsxml_sq286.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭CraggyIslander

umm yes all them tickets are gonna land in the sea arent they........ probably be a welshman ending up with the winning ticket in 5 weeks time :pac: then 98fm wont pay up coz he/she is a bleedin furiner'

Bah.

I want a rant button.

I'm just back from Skerries where I had all sorts of fun with a lens which ... somehow by default ... was not on autofocus ... which would not have mattered if I had known it was on manual focus ... but I was using Live view so never copped that when I switched it off the camera wasn't correcting the focus.

Then there's no milk so I can't have tea.

Feck this sunny weather, i'm burnt as toast now. :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

I'd say, you're not the only one;) I am glad I had my 50+ protection on and still my face is not exactly pale.
    But I really enjoyed this day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement