Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of Focus and off topic...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

[RANT]

I have just purchased a Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 VR lens from Amazon. They will only deliver this item to Mainland UK addresses, so I supplied the address of a relative.

They turned up yesterday to deliver it but nobody was home, so they left it with a neighbour

Now both the neighbours have only recently moved in & are renting. My relatives don't really know them other than to wave hello. How can a courier driver assess if they can be trusted with an expensive lens? Could they not have left a card with a number to call & arrange delivery when someone was definitely home?

The neighbour is honest & has not been down the local pub to flog the lens for £100 & it was collected today.

I don't know why they don't just give out their consignments to any person who is passing their van & can sign a form?

I will be having words to Amazon about their choice of Courier

[/RANT]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

An interesting and nice list

Would you add any?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Saw this in the Metro this morning.

Have a look at the Blog of Croy Devenish Phibbs Quite an interesting family.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

posted this in films but doesn't seem to be getting much love there.

might be more appreciated here. Yann arthus bertrand has done a film on our planet and it is being broadcast or shown/downloadable for free on the 5th June. I have no idea how good or bad a documentary it's going to be but there is no doubt in my mind there will be some spectacular imagery, well worth downloading and watching on the biggest screen available

http://www.home-2009.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

So, who wants to do my leaving cert for me? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I'm sure people will moan that this should be put in the leaving cert forum but i'd mainly like to wish good luck to the other photographes(As i spend most my time in here ) I know of 3 others doing their leaving so good luck and spend more time studying than on boards.Its only a week and a half for most and i'm sure people on here will know you're busy.Most of all don't get worked up over exams you've just sat,focus on the next one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Second that!
    Best of Luck all of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Good luck to one and all...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    An interesting and nice list

Would you add any?

Yeah, the picture of the Vietnamese child running naked on the bridge, with burned flesh.

Arguably one of the most iconic of the 20th century.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I think I'm a bit too relaxed over the whole thing...lol. Ah well.

Good luck Richard, Kate, and whoever else that's slipped my memory.... memory of a goldfish I have.

Party in Richards house June 20th! :pac:

• Advertisement

Good luck Richard, Kate, and whoever else that's slipped my memory.... memory of a goldfish I have.

Landyman is doing it too i think! Haha 20th?Im finished the 12th will be in the uk on the 20th.Haha.

I'm not finished til the 19th :( fking Applied maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I'm doing it too unfortunately :(

I was halfway sending messages to yous when i realisied there was a thread going. Anyway, the best of luck in english tomorow, and the rest of them.

I'm finished the 15th, but i've physics and accounting on the one day, which is horrible

/Shudders at the thought of it.....

So is it just the 4 of us?
    Good luck (and to any lurkers who we've forgotten about!)

damn you ricky i'm not finished till the 17th! I had to go and pick spanish and economics didn't I?

Oddly enough, I'm really not panicking...yet... I'll probably be a wreck in the morning!

What are you thinking of doing next year?

landyman wrote: »
    What are you thinking of doing next year?

Science in TCD :)

Bio, chem, physics and applied maths... My exams are going to be so much fun.

For some reason I always thought you were older....hmm... G'luck anyway dude :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Suddenly I feel very...very....old :o

This year is the 20th anniversary of my Leaving Cert...back then we wrote on papyrus :p

Best of luck to all! :)

kateos2 wrote: »
    So is it just the 4 of us?
    Good luck (and to any lurkers who we've forgotten about!)

damn you ricky i'm not finished till the 17th! I had to go and pick spanish and economics didn't I?

Oddly enough, I'm really not panicking...yet... I'll probably be a wreck in the morning!

:pac:

I'm not panicking either actually looking forward to getting them over and done with...Think it is just us four

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I think I'm a bit too relaxed over the whole thing...lol.
    Yes, you are! :p

That said, better too relaxed than in a panic! :D

Good luck to ye all, hope ye all do brilliantly! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Good luck to ye all.

• Advertisement

Science in TCD :)

Bio, chem, physics and applied maths... My exams are going to be so much fun.

For some reason I always thought you were older....hmm... G'luck anyway dude :)

Whys that? The username? I was brought up around land rovers and i already own one! I thought the username was appropriate lol. Anyway get some sleep, a lot of writing ahead of ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭nilhg

Best of luck to you guys (and gal), my young lady is doing it as well and its much worse than when I did it myself...........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Yeah, the picture of the Vietnamese child running naked on the bridge, with burned flesh.

Arguably one of the most iconic of the 20th century.

also the little ethiopian boy and the vulture. it really is for me one of the most troubling images of the 20th century.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

So, who wants to do my leaving cert for me? :D

Yeah, why not. Can't do any worse than last time I did it!

Best of luck to all those out there doing exams at the mo!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I'm moving house at the moment. Wish I could wave a magic wand and all that.

Let's just say now i'm panicking,Paper 1 was great,Paper two looked great from what i've read and now it's being re-done great!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Hey - good luck to you all. Had been thinking about this a few days back but hadn't gotten around to posting about it.

Don't worry about the panic setting in. Time will fly over the next week or two and you'll then wonder what all the sweating was about. Oh, but time flys even when you are not having fun.

If you believe what they tell you, you'd think the best days of your lives are over. A little secret that they don't tell you is that it is all just beginning and the best is yet to come - by a mile.

A few of you hoping to do photography / fine art or similar too - here's wishing you all good luck in achieving it. All of you people mentioned on thread are awesome in your own rights. We've high hopes for ye. Onward and upwards.

Good luck.

they would put english on saturday now :(

have to say though paper 1 was really nice, any of you's do the comprehension on Henri Cartier-Bresson? I came out and all my friends were said "bet we know what comprehension you did" paper suited me really well I have to say.
    After about 10 mins of trying to decide what essay to do, I did the one on indecision :D

they would put english on saturday now :(

have to say though paper 1 was really nice, any of you's do the comprehension on Henri Cartier-Bresson? I came out and all my friends were said "bet we know what comprehension you did" paper suited me really well I have to say.
    After about 10 mins of trying to decide what essay to do, I did the one on indecision :D

I know weekend was gonna be a huge amount of study for maths!
    Very annoyed about this :mad:

Anyway paper 1 I did the animal welfare one,Up to date on all that stuff and the text 3 part B on photography exhibition,Really liked the paper flew through it and pleased with what i did :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Good luck to everyone, hope you's do well

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement