Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of Focus and off topic...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

glad to her it went well for ricky and kate, thats one down! :)

Paper 1 was nice I thought, very do-able. I did the essay on people i admire, question a on the the zoo and the b part on the speech, as i had something similar already prepared for it :D. i'm a little annoyed at the re timing of paper two, however, its another free day to study :):P

Onwards to maths paper 1!

@An Cat Dubh, Very inspirational!! lol :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

kateos2 wrote: »
    After about 10 mins of trying to decide what essay to do, I did the one on indecision :D

Lol, suits you down to the ground! ;)

Yeah, P1 was a lovely paper. I did the magazine article on my experience of education along with the zoo for question A, and the speech for question B

I love doing articles/speeches! :D

Also, I think AnimalRights will love me..... I said that zoos should be closed down :pac:

Lol, suits you down to the ground! ;)

Yeah, P1 was a lovely paper. I did the magazine article on my experience of education along with the zoo for question A, and the speech for question B

I love doing articles/speeches! :D

Also, I think AnimalRights will love me..... I said that zoos should be closed down :pac:

i like the discussion essays too, find them quite easy, however i was in favour of zoos!

landyman wrote: »
    i like the discussion essays too, find them quite easy, however i was in favour of zoos!

What did you say for the features question? Lol.

I said yer wan used a cliché "think of the children" approach to try and sway her audience for one of them :D :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I went against the zoos too could right far more about it :pac:

• Advertisement

I said yer wan used a cliché "think of the children" approach to try and sway her audience for one of them :D :pac:

I said that too,Well something about her using the children as persuasive text :pac:

Ricky91t wrote: »
    I said that too,Well something about her using the children as persuasive text :pac:

haha. Winsauce. Internet ftw! :D

haha. Winsauce. Internet ftw! :D

Had to google winsauce not a clue what it meant,For others like me
    winsauce

A term that refers to something of great awesomeness.

"Oh my god, did you see 300?"

"Duh, man, it was WINSAUCE!"

They both used argumentave and persuasive styles and i gave two examples of each from for and against.

But yes i did get a 'wont someone think of the children' feeling from the against the zoo one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

We have quite a few young'uns here! I'm just about finished with college now... remember my L.Cert quite well (maths paper that put questions that weren't on the curriculum, mismarking that cost me a place in medicine etc. :P)

Oh and for those with Applied Maths - hope you guys don't have to tidy up the hall after the last exam like we did for ours. One guy smashed his calculator to celebrate :)

Good luck with it all - whatever about the screw-ups it was a nice feeling to know you're on your way to college :)

Drink fluids and sleep well is all I can say ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

holy c**p - the LC forum has gone berserk this evening. Temp mods drafted in and everything. A bit like calling out the national guard, FCA, Civil Defence, (ok, please resist the gibe about Dad's army), etc... Stick around here - ye are far safer ;)

Lol, yeah, noticed that alright. Funnily enough the only few brought in I know/am friends with :D

I do think some tea is in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Good luck Rich! And to all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Best of luck lads.

It'll all be worth it :)

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    holy c**p - the LC forum has gone berserk this evening. Temp mods drafted in and everything. A bit like calling out the national guard, FCA, Civil Defence, (ok, please resist the gibe about Dad's army), etc... Stick around here - ye are far safer ;)

Ye it was pretty mad, even DeV had to step in, it was getting so mad at one stage :)

Morning after and it's still on Saturaday :pac:
    Does kinda mess things up but i've got abit of extra time to study engineering :)

Was 1,400 on the boards LC forum,for a good bit quite hecitc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Hey lads can I set up a thread discusiing the Local Election?

Or the Lions Tour?

Or maybe the Air France Disaster, all topical events like the Leaving Cert.

Mods can you Mod instead of getting involved in the conversation, direct this to the right forum or at least the OOF thread!

Or the Lions Tour?

Mods can you Mod instead of getting involved in the conversation, direct this to the right forum or at least the OOF thread!

Well if you know of any of the photogs here are running for the local election, i've no problems :)

Can I direct you here Landyman or if you are really worried call 1800 713 913

What's wrong with wishing folk good luck?

Heaven forbid we'd be 'nice' to each other.

• Advertisement

I have no problem wishing people luck and I think that you know that Fajitas I have a problem with people discusiing the specific exams and then the problems with the english paper!

Or the Lions Tour?

What's wrong with it?I explained in the first post why this was posted here,So i think if mod's have posted on it they don't mind it.

It's just a single thread,It's not taking up the whole forum when you scroll down the page and you see this just keep scrolling simple as that..

I have no problem wishing people luck and I think that you know that Fajitas I have a problem with people discusiing the specific exams and then the problems with the english paper!

Well, fair enough, but I don't see it doing any harm to the rest of the forum. It's a topical issue, and involves members on the forum. Some general banter isn't going to go astray :)

Surely the OOF thread is where it should be, there will be at least 10-15 people who post here who will be at at the Dubs match on Sunday can I start a thread on it?

On the flipside, do we stop all non photographical discussion in threads about a match? Infractions if someone says "Great match" or "It's a shame ************ didn't play as well as they could have"?

Look nearly every thread on here doesn't stick to the topic,Even some of your threads havn't i don't see what the problem is,I made it clear why i made this and explained that i mainly post in here,I've maybe posted once in the off topic thread at the top and therefore don't know if the others do,I thought this would be the best place to wish those luck as they'll surely pop onto the boards photography forum every once in a while,We discussed the English paper because it's nice to know we all got on well.And English paper two was just abit mad to all of us,And if you look on the LC forum you'd see that the English paper two thread was mad and i wouldn't of been able to go.

"Hey CM,Kateos,Landyman what do you think about all this?" Cause it would of been pages back in minutes...

Hey Ricky you would be better off taking advantage of your morning off by doing some study rather than argueing with me and waiting for Fajitas to post so you can thank him!

Hey Ricky you would be better off taking advantage of your morning off by doing some study rather than argueing with me and waiting for Fajitas to post so you can thank him!

Last time i checked you weren't a mod and therefore in no position to tell me what i can and can't do.

I can choose to do study in my own time and still have 4 hours and 37 mins before my next exam which i'm prepared for and will only be glancing over the past papers to test my self.

As for thanking Fajitas he's making a valid point,Alternatively i could repost what he said in my words but i'm sure you'd complain about that too

I am not a mod and i did not tell you what you could do, I am saying what the mods should do if they were doing their job correctly instead of getting involved in pointless off topic threads about leaving certs, when we have a pointless off topic thread where this should be.

Now get some work done and stop wasting your time on the internet there will be plenty of time for that when you get a job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

i really don't see why it's such a big problem.
    if i see a thread about matches, which i simply don't have an interest in, I don't go into them. I might go in and see what it is if the thread title isn't obvious but if I see a thread going off topic I don't go in to complain at everyone in there. It's just one thread, there's plenty more for me to read.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement