Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of Focus and off topic...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭CraggyIslander

mmhhhh, i got the chocolate munchies now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭l pearse

Here CraggyIslander have one of mine.....
    2006072433munchies.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Thank (credit) 'crunchie' its Friday (doh! its only Tuesday) :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

elven wrote: »
    meh, keep the alcohol, I've been hankerin after a box of fererro rocher for about a week now and I'm bound to crack and buy one tonight...

If you have a Dunnes near you i would advise you to stick your head in. 2 for the price on one on the big ones last time i was in.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

grrr... now I want chocolate I think there's a wispa hiding in the car for emergancies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

So it's fererro rocher and beer for dinner tonight. This thread is evil :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

DarrenG wrote: »
    So it's fererro rocher and beer for dinner tonight. This thread is evil :p

I'm sticking with my original plan of chicken, wrapped in bacon and roasted with a rich Mozarella cheese sauce! Yum!

Then chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hmmm I am thinking a lot of alcohol to erase the stress from today !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

Whats the easiest way to apply a simple frame to a photo? I only have photoshop elements 6.0 and the Sony Software I got with my camera.

Also lol at the way the off topic thread has developed here. Booze and chocolate seem to be topics close to photographers hearts. I post quite a bit on the Poker Forum and in the ott thread there (which imo is the best thread on boards, even if you have no interest in poker), it'll be interesting to see how this one develops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Dinner is in the oven, fererro rocher purchased and beer in the fridge. It's going to be a good one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

max_power wrote: »
    Whats the easiest way to apply a simple frame to a photo? I only have photoshop elements 6.0 and the Sony Software I got with my camera.

Also lol at the way the off topic thread has developed here. Booze and chocolate seem to be topics close to photographers hearts. I post quite a bit on the Poker Forum and in the ott thread there (which imo is the best thread on boards, even if you have no interest in poker), it'll be interesting to see how this one develops.

Someone posted up an easy black and white one by picking white as your colour and increasing the size of the canvas (puts on a white border) and then picking black and increasing the size of the canvas (puts on a black border outside the white one) you change the thickness of the border by how much you increase the size of the canvas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

:eek: get this photography nonsense out of the thread! :eek::p

Eirebear wrote: »
    :eek: get this photography nonsense out of the thread! :eek::p

*scramble over to the poker OTT thread and post question on what the odds are on the river being an ace? :D

Dinner is in the oven, fererro rocher purchased and beer in the fridge. It's going to be a good one.

Dinner at Darrens so, beats my left overs :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

*scramble over to the poker OTT thread and post question on what the odds are on the river being an ace? :D

lol the main content over there is tv, films, and teh wimmins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Originally Posted by max_power viewpost.gif
    Come on.......get a grip........stay focussed...........your Aperture is too big........DOF is too narrow...... & your shutter speed is too slooow !! :rolleyes: :D

/runs to da hills.......

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Jammie sod Darren. I was hoping to get to DCC tonite, however I'm in Galway and about to leave the office. Not a chance of getting to Dublin by the close of tonite's meet. As for dinner, I can see Supermacs in Craughwell doing well on a Supermac Meal :(

/runs to da hills.......

Follows morrisseeee up da hills to the tune of two duelling banjos........ you gonna squeal like a .......... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Jammie sod Darren. I was hoping to get to DCC tonite, however I'm in Galway and about to leave the office. Not a chance of getting to Dublin by the close of tonite's meet. As for dinner, I can see Supermacs in Craughwell doing well on a Supermac Meal :(

Me too for the planning and DCC but events eventuate and futures at stake and stuff...

tea and toast rule though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Hey,

New user of this thread here so Mods, please delete or move as appropriate; :rolleyes:

Should I buy Nikon or Canon ? (intended as OTB btw)

(All non serious replies welcome)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭dakar

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Should I buy Nikon?

Your question was broke, I fixed it :)
    Answer: yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Hey,

New user of this thread here so Mods, please delete or move as appropriate; :rolleyes:

Neither! Sony or olympus!

the 'girls of the playboy mansion' just happened to be on the telly an hour ago (honestly I turned on the telly and there it was). Anyway the sky buttons were broken so I obviously couldn't change it..........

Sure..... And the telly suddenly switched itself to 'the history of steam engines' when the wimmin walked into the room

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

Hey,

Down with Canon!!

edit:found another camera related article on that site a terapixel camera

Down with canikon!!! C'mon d underdogs!

landyman wrote: »
    Sure..... And the telly suddenly switched itself to 'the history of steam engines' when the wimmin walked into the room

Hey, and having slept on the perennial question of who will take over from Heff I woke this morning all enlightened with the answer - he'll never die. Nobody needs to (or could) takeover. About 120 years old and he'll still be bopin with the blondes!

Sony or Olympus????? Nah never heard of them. Do they take IS or VR glassy things???

Hey, and having slept on the perennial question of who will take over from Heff I woke this morning all enlightened with the answer - he'll never die. Nobody needs to (or could) takeover. About 120 years old and he'll still be bopin with the blondes!

Sony or Olympus????? Nah never heard of them. Do they take IS or VR glassy things???

They have the most efficent system its called. In body stabilisiation. It means EVERY single lens that goes on the camera has image stabilisation. None of yer floating element craic

landyman wrote: »
    They have the most efficent system its called. In body stabilisiation. It means EVERY single lens that goes on the camera has image stabilisation. None of yer floating element craic

Hmnnnnnn....... in body stabilisation??? Thats something to do with a morning curer right???? Alkaselzer or something (seeing as all that drink was consumed around here last night!). :pac:

Hmnnnnnn....... in body stabilisation??? Thats something to do with a morning curer right???? Alkaselzer or something (seeing as all that drink was consumed around here last night!). :pac:

I swear by berocca for the morning kickstart........ also delays my first coffee till 10 at least........ which is good as I tend to drink to much caffeine (once I've had first cup) and end up with heartburn by the time the quiet evening pint comes along :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Right, so I guess its alcohol, chocolate, sex and canon versus nikon then..

Can these topics have their own forum??? :D*

* (I think that's called 'heaven')

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement