Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of Focus and off topic...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭dakar

sineadw wrote: »
    sex and canon versus nikon then..

No fair, how is Nikon supposed to compete with that?:P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

this is sorta off topic a bit

what the bejasus was going on the last few days????????

like i mean!! crikey it wasn't me was it?

i remember posting something to stir up a bit of - well you know - hop the ball - there's always someone there to jump!!!
    lol
    but seriously - i didn't read al the threads!! got fes up after a while!!
    anyway... jasus - lol

:)

we're all back to an even keel or something!!

lots of talk of drink!!
    i dissaprove too....;)
    lets stay on topic ok?

anyway!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Certainly off topic and well out of focus.......
    A intrigueing question that has no definitive answer and I suppose cannot be answered......
    Q. Who is Tom Bombadil ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Q. Who is Tom Bombadil ?

A singing twat in LotR (or was it the Hobbit!) that nearly ruined the book for me !!!!

Ah Gandalf, tis me Treebeard, he he he.....
    I dunno why he had it in the book, but I enjoyed it......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Certainly off topic and well out of focus.......
    A intrigueing question that has no definitive answer and I suppose cannot be answered......
    Q. Who is Tom Bombadil ?

The Adventures of Tom Bombadil is an epic book, i will not stand for bombadil bashing...

i will not stand for bombadil bashing...
    ...lol

me thinks its not the REAL Gandalf, maybe somebody in disguise ! :eek:

Meh, I just skipped all the annoying song bits to get to the good bits, ie the fighting!

the fighting!
    .....I wouldn't expect anything less from a Sligo man !! he he he.

I'm sure Queen Maeve and co did their fair share of singing but the good stories were all about the fightin!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

As a complete aside to all the other complete asides in here....has anyone seen "The Fall"?

This film is......extraordinary. Personally i take a lot of visual inspriations from movies and this is, visually, amazing.

Everything that movies with massive budgets got teams of people to create on computers only this uses actual real world locations and some of the slickest cinematography i have ever seen.

Check it out on IMDB and if you like the look of it then follow up! I am very glad that i did.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460791/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

The Adventures of Tom Bombadil is an epic book, i will not stand for bombadil bashing...

Bombidal is a legend dont dis him!! Most powerful character in the hole of the lotr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

davenewt posted an interesting wikipedia link over on the magazine thread with a link to this;

Anyway i picked up the following which I though i'd share with the Out of Focus brigade to see what you thought?

It could be invaluable when heading out on a weekend (or boards meet) so you might like to get a pencil and paper at the ready.

Depending on your persuasion tick off any three (girl) or two(man) traits that you find in your weekend fancy. Then reverse the remaining unticked option.
    • The ultimate Girl picker: Single, Sane, Sexy and Smart– Pick any three. (also called The four S's of dating)
    • The ultimate Man picker: Handsome, High-Earner, Faithful – Pick two.
    Ye wimmin have only two traits that you judge us men by apparently - oh you narrow minded femmes.

So the way it works:

if your fella is handsome and a high earner then he'll nay be faithful!
    and if your woman is single, sexy, and smart then she has to be insane!

Hmnnn.......

Now - play with that and see do you agree.

Also - I wonder could we do the same for an ultimate DSLR picker???? Suggested traits for a Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Olympus, and Sony.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I wonder which the ladies of the forum would like in the Bedroom, a Nikon or a Canon?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭l pearse

Nikon......No wait, Canon......No Nikon!......em, Canon......Nikon, yes Nikon.
    l just can't decide....!! Maybe a little bit of both...:p
    smiley_emoticons_confused.gif

Linda

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Arrrr just get some Chocolate instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

CabanSail wrote: »
    I wonder which the ladies of the forum would like in the Bedroom, a Nikon or a Canon?

Strangely enough, Sony Alphas are surprisingly popular lately. They choose good owners.

crysmiley1.gif

You Never Listen!!!!!!!!!!!

On a vaguely unrelated topic, seeing as there were a handful of "free to a good home" threads lately, should we look at setting up a "freeloader" thread? Or have you all given away all your free to a good home stuff by now? Cos if it's only occasional...

l pearse wrote: »
    crysmiley1.gif

You Never Listen!!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely on a tangent but...

you've got bloody great smilies. *goes off to take a look*

• Advertisement

Yeh, Great....l have an 18 year old teenager that can't cook or sew!!
    Free to good home...

But can s/he take decent photographs? Or calculate flash distances?

em...........of course!

l pearse wrote: »
    Yeh, Great....l have an 18 year old teenager that can't cook or sew!!
    Free to good home...

[ATTITUDE] Woteva [/ATTITUDE]

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    davenewt posted an interesting wikipedia link over on the magazine thread with a link to this;
    Dang, I saw "Project Triangle", and thought it would be something cool, like the Philidelphia Experiment or some such, not "A project triangle" (note non-caps!):(
    AnCatDubh wrote: »
    and if your woman is single, sexy, and smart then she has to be insane!

Sounds just fine to me!;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Calina wrote: »
    Strangely enough, Sony Alphas are surprisingly popular lately. They choose good owners.

We wont be the distant third forever!!

Just got last nights lotto numbers on the early morning news...& guess what....l didn't win...:(

Question: What would you do if you won €4million on the Lotto?

Easy, 400,000,000 fizzy cola bottles!

Actually, I'm fairly sure they're not 1c any more so I either need 8m or my childhood dream lies in tatters :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Ok this is OT but who wants to play dress up

http://www.instructables.com/id/Canon_Camera_Costume/

Damn it and those were my exact numbers last night in the Lotto the one night I don't do it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement