Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of Focus and off topic...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

trishw78 wrote: »
    Lost being back on Sunday(Sky 1) is the best birthday present eva

Janey, I gave that up as a lost (boom boom) cause a long time ago :D

CabanSail wrote: »
    "Lost" is in a loooong list of TV Programs that I have heard of but never seen.

In that list is also;

Friends
    Seinfeld
    Desperate Housewives
    ER
    Greys Anatomy
    Big Brother
    Survivor (though I knew someone who worked on Aussie Survivor)
    I'm a Washed Up Celebrity, Please torture me (is filmed near my home in Australia)

Apart from LOST....snap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

"Lost" is in a loooong list of TV Programs that I have heard of but never seen.

In that list is also;

Friends
    Seinfeld
    Desperate Housewives
    ER
    Greys Anatomy
    Big Brother
    Survivor (though I knew someone who worked on Aussie Survivor)
    I'm a Washed Up Celebrity, Please torture me (is filmed near my home in Australia)

I'll give you a brief run down :

Lost - rubbish
    Friends - okay at times, sometimes genuinely funny.
    Seinfeld - offensive ( i don't mean a show the pushes the boundaries, i mean a show that is just that rubbish ).
    Desperate Housewives - if you like the idea of Jim Henson coming back from the dead and working with almost life like people made from wax then this is your cup of tea.
    ER - I used to watch this when i didn't want to study for my Leaving Cert. 10 years later it's still on. Thats about all i know.
    Grey' Anatomy - from what i can tell this is ER lite or "ER for feminine men".
    Big Brother and Survivor, both "reality tv" rubbish.

Now then, some shows which I think are worth checking out would be

Dexter
    Burn Notice
    The Wire
    and just for ****s and giggles "Dead Set". It's Big Brother, with zombies. And while that should sound and be terrible, it was actually amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭CraggyIslander

+1 to Dragan's summary and recommended list, especially the Wire really stands out :)

/sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

So now I have a list of shows I have heard of & have not seen & another of shows that I have not heard of & have not seen

Then I guess I have now heard of them here, so back to one list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

Yeah, everybody should check out Dexter and The Wire. Two of the best shows to come out of american teevee. And if a good comedy show is what you like, have a look at both 30 Rock and Entourage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Anyone here with a PSP? Just discovered a way to use it as a second display for the pc - handy for throwing the toolboxes onto to use the full screen for editing.

Example here:

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o240/sfiendakdn/DSC_0600.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

It appears that eircom is experiencing,..... well...... issues tonight so anyone with eircom and experiencing problems may want to check out here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055469187 - a couple of work arounds being suggested for people to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

Do ya think that if boards stopped everyone posting during work hours the country'd be more productive and less recessiony? (spot the economist)

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭kgiller

Dragan wrote: »
    I'll give you a brief run down :

Lost - rubbish
    Friends - okay at times, sometimes genuinely funny.
    Seinfeld - offensive ( i don't mean a show the pushes the boundaries, i mean a show that is just that rubbish ).
    Desperate Housewives - if you like the idea of Jim Henson coming back from the dead and working with almost life like people made from wax then this is your cup of tea.
    ER - I used to watch this when i didn't want to study for my Leaving Cert. 10 years later it's still on. Thats about all i know.
    Grey' Anatomy - from what i can tell this is ER lite or "ER for feminine men".
    Big Brother and Survivor, both "reality tv" rubbish.

Now then, some shows which I think are worth checking out would be

Dexter
    Burn Notice
    The Wire
    and just for ****s and giggles "Dead Set". It's Big Brother, with zombies. And while that should sound and be terrible, it was actually amazing.

WHAT!!!
    Seinfeld is the greatest show ever made! Fact! Im telling you, if you watch the shows in chronological order each episode and season runs jokes that overlap and its absolutely hilarious. As is Curb your enthusiasm, which is very similar.

I do agree with you on Dexter though, great show, although it is progressively getting worse, comjpared to the first season which was brilliant.

A series which i watched recently is "The inbetweeners" which is a 6 part Channel 4 series and is hillarious.

• Advertisement

somebody has been busy putting ms's songsmith through it's paces and recreated some songs using only the vocal track

YouTube

Warning, may make ears bleed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

30mins till I can go home looks like the gangers are slipping back into there old ways

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

somebody has been busy putting ms's songsmith through it's paces and recreated some songs using only the vocal track

YouTube

Warning, may make ears bleed

Classic!! Ah what a wonderful way to wilf a few hours when I'm supposed to be studying :D

sineadw wrote: »
    Classic!! Ah what a wonderful way to wilf a few hours when I'm supposed to be studying :D

heh, yeah, especially Roxanne as a reggae track :confused::confused:

or Heard it through the grapevine as metal :confused::confused:

/only 15mins till quitting time :cool:

Can someone tell me why Vista keeps tearing the arse out of the Hard Disk?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Valentia wrote: »
    What do you mean by tearing the arse out of the hard disk? Turning off desktop search would be a start...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Can you re-format with XP?

Not guaranteed but CTRL-ALT-DELETE, Start the Task Manager, Click the processes tab, and sort on CPU column. The list will flicker in real time as to what is using the most processor at the time.

That might give you a hint.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I am so glad I have never experienced the joys of Vista :D

Know a LOT of people who have gone back to XP after having a great time with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I am so glad I have never experienced the joys of Vista :D

Know a LOT of people who have gone back to XP after having a great time with it.

Theres two laptops in our house - one with a 2.7ghz p4 and 512mb of ram and xp pro. another with a dual core and 1 gb of ram using vista.

Guess which one runs faster?? If you guessed xp your right. Vista is a pile of sh!te

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Vista is grand......IF.......but thats the point, there's TOO many IF's !!!!!!
    You will need at least 2GB of RAM, turn off all the eye-candy, and some other admin 'goodies' and have no virus software (that means no Internet) and hey presto Vista rocks ! well....kinda !
    Best advise.......stick to XP :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I have Vista on my desktop and my laptop and to be honest I would never go back to XP!
    Although I'm in the market now for a small 9" netbook, it'll have to have XP as it would never run Vista smoothly with it's specs.

''Never say never.........''
    I like Vista (it has a certain 'snazzy' feel to it), Ubuntu also rocks with certain tweeks, but you can't beat XP as a work horse ie. for performance & reliability.

I like Vista (it has a certain 'snazzy' feel to it), Ubuntu also rocks with certain tweeks, but you can't beat XP as a work horse ie. for performance & reliability.

Substance over style..... Wonder what windows 7 will be like?? As long as it performs better then xp im happy :)

Substance over style..... Wonder what windows 7 will be like?? As long as it performs better then xp im happy :)

Another question..... Can ye see the small camera makers surviving the recession? The likes of oly and pentax. I'd be sorry to see them go if they did.....

Can ye see the small camera makers surviving the recession? The likes of oly and pentax. I'd be sorry to see them go if they did.....
    /.......cough, cough, choke, splurts coffee all over table ! :eek:
    You're takin the mick surely !
    Oly and Pentax.............small !
    I'd say they will all survive, especially if they (like everyone else) have manufacturing areas in China et al.

windows 7 on netbook is being done presently - lots of how to's on google.

oly and pentax?????? pfffftttttttt....

oly and pentax?????? pfffftttttttt....
    1 month ban for 'The Black Cat' !

back seat modding ?

// off to check the charter

:D

• Advertisement

actually should have rephrased earlier comment;

oly and pentax not surviving ?