Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of Focus and off topic...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    windows 7 on netbook is being done presently - lots of how to's on google.

oly and pentax?????? pfffftttttttt....

Olympus market share 3.3%. Pentax market share 1.1%. Sony market share 9.5% up from 4.5 n '07.

Pentax going down? I'd give odds of 4 to 1.....
    Olympus. Dought it but ill give odds of 20 to 1.

Sony? Meh, they could pay the entire slr division out of their petty cash book. I'm not worried.

Panasonic? Like sony, major electronic giant behind them so its unlikly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

meh! markets smarkets, 2 great untruths - lies and stastics ;)

next you'll be telling us the world is round. can you imagine.

out heathen I tell ya!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

There's an old saying: ''The bigger you are, the harder you fall.....!!''
    oly and pentax not surviving ?

pfffftttttttt....

probably makes more sense that way!

....that makes NO sense !! :eek:
    Obviously I'm sticking up for Oly here, as its so easy for the 'big two' to snigger and bully others !

pentax here so maybe join forces and we'll have 2% of the statistics ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

as its so easy for the 'big two' to snigger and bully others !

Fun too! :D

• Advertisement

There's no fun in being a bully...........

....is there ?
    /rushes off to shop to buy one of the big two !
    pentax here
    you dark horse (or is that cat)

There's no fun in being a bully...........

....is there ?
    /rushes off to shop to buy one of the big two !

Trust me its WAY more fun in the middle!

Trust me its WAY more fun in the middle!
    ....now thats 'out of focus'. But.....in the middle of what ? who ? where ?

....now thats 'out of focus'. But.....in the middle of what ? who ? where ?

Get a sony. You now can poke fun at canikon for begin generic and overpriced.

You can also poke fun at olympus for having a queer mount (four thirds?? Whoever thought that was a good idea)

See? Best of both worlds. :-)

Oh, right.........I thought you were goin way off topic, hidden agendas, but I can see you are still in focus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Danny did ya solve your hard drive issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Pentax could hardly catch up now, only if they were working on something that could beat 5D MkII. And I doubt that. Unfortunately, because I am so much used to their controls and handling. And lenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

ThOnda wrote: »
    Pentax could hardly catch up now, only if they were working on something that could beat 5D MkII. And I doubt that. Unfortunately, because I am so much used to their controls and handling. And lenses.

The Pentax MZ 50, which is considered to be a starter camera, has taught me how to take photos.

Samsung will probably never return to the variety of lenses that made Pentax so popular in the past and the bigger companies are bound to continue to gain ground.

Any Pentax links would be gratefully received here, as many photographers who use Pentax also seem to write very well.

Now I'm wondering why that might be so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

TelePaul wrote: »
    Danny did ya solve your hard drive issue?

Yes thanks Tele :D I turned off system restore and it has quietened down considerably. I hate Vista though. It is the one of biggest scams in history I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Going back to LOST! I sat through a resume the other night which was a bring it up-to-date thingy. Holy Jazus!! It is even worse than I imagined. Talk about making it up as you go along.

LOST: I'm worried about my OH, as she knew exactly what was going to happen next during the programme last nite, spooky !:eek:

Too right im lost..... So the fecking island is a time machine? And everyone on the island is stuck in limbo? And whats that big star shaped wheel in the middle?? I'm confused!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

landyman wrote: »
    Too right im lost..... So the fecking island is a time machine? And everyone on the island is stuck in limbo? And whats that big star shaped wheel in the middle?? I'm confused!!

I had a right laugh last night watching this. It's a pity they didn't spare me the hassle and tell me after the sensational season one. A time machine... WTF!

What happended to the suspense the first series brought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

landyman wrote: »

After two episodes of Season 2 i gave up watching it and told my then girlfriend "it's really gonna go down hill now, they will end up being mutated or traveling in time or some ****".

Swish!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

LOST: I'm worried about my OH, as she knew exactly what was going to happen next during the programme last nite, spooky !:eek:

She's obviously a lot better than you at downloading torrents and watching them on the sly

:P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Sounds like it has "Jumped the Shark" a while back.

downloading torrents and watching them on the sly
    ....thats just it, she wouldn't have a clue as to what 'downloading' is, nevermind 'torrents' ! :eek: and 'surfing' is just something that happens near beaches !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Ohhhh!!! Red Dwarf is coming back :D

Ack, Friday is turning into a pain in the ass. Need to go the Newry AND Belfast now. Newry for my 40d and Belfast for MistressPandora's 100fs!

It will be well worth it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

CabanSail wrote: »
    Sounds like it has "Jumped the Shark" a while back.

Along with Scrubs, Family Guy et al.

TelePaul wrote: »
    Along with Scrubs, Family Guy et al.

I love Family Guy, but it's repition of the "Brian's Book", "Chicken Fight" and the whole "how do you pronounce that" thing is really old. It's a shame as well, as MacFarlane is a great comic writer.

Scrubs is another show i used to love, but the turn that JD has taken in the last season really put me off.

Eircom appear to be having dns issues !!!AGAIN!!!

Anyhow - a discussion happening over here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055473363

Some DNS work arounds for people to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭CraggyIslander

CabanSail wrote: »
    Ohhhh!!! Red Dwarf is coming back :D

/smee

//smeeegg

///smeeeegg.....hhhhheeeed

I'll have my vindaloo at the ready! Oh and smoke me a kipper....

////will be back for breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭CraggyIslander

Valentia wrote: »
    Going back to LOST!

Red dwarf is so much better...... has lost got any white holes spewing back time? didnt think so

this is mine

and this is mine

and this is mine too

//lets turn this into a red dwarf thread

///nodnoL
    /// 65
    /// selim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,233 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

My nifty fifty arrived!

Woohoo!

This discussion has been closed.