Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

hyundai or opel

Options
  • 12-01-2009 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

I'm thinking of upgrading & have looked at the hyundai cross wagon - very modern, decent diesel & size etc. I looked at the astra life estate too, similar only slightly bigger, little less modern though....Both cars available for about 23grand, both 1.4 diesel, low tax ..any thoughts??? or am I missing a car that might be similar price, size etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

You'd be better off buying any model you like in an '08 in the UK, unbelieveable deals over there and an '08 will get you the low co2 road tax over here. I mentioned in another post about an '08 BMW 3 series 318D, for around 20k including VRT and there are a few of them around, try Autotrader.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭liamhana

i'm looking to buy new....I deserve it after the amount of bangers, second hand bits I've had over the yrs!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

liamhana wrote: »
    i'm looking to buy new....I deserve it after the amount of bangers, second hand bits I've had over the yrs!
    Fair enough. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

i30 is a newer design, has a nice 1.6 engine, now has a 5 star NCAP. certainly looks a lot less like an electricians car than the Astra.

Is it the 1.3 CDTI engine you're looking at in the Opel?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,250 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

OP did you look at the Kia Cee'd Sportywagen? Apart from the daft name and some cosmetics it is the same car as the Hyundai.

The Kia comes with a 7 year warranty though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

Wouldn't you be more sensible to buy a nice nearly new car i.e. '08 in the current market? Your money will go further.

I can understand if you want to pick your interior, get some nice extras etc. Oh to be able to afford a new car...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

I'm thinking of upgrading & have looked at the hyundai cross wagon - very modern, decent diesel & size etc. I looked at the astra life estate too, similar only slightly bigger, little less modern though....Both cars available for about 23grand, both 1.4 diesel, low tax ..any thoughts??? or am I missing a car that might be similar price, size etc.

Yeah how about the new Skoda Octavia facilifted model. ;)

bazz26 wrote: »
    OP did you look at the Kia Cee'd Sportywagen? Apart from the daft name and some cosmetics it is the same car as the Hyundai.

The Kia comes with a 7 year warranty though.

had a look at that kia & its a very nice option, didnt realise the sporty wagon was available. they have the 50 50 option too & its about 3 grand cheaper than the astra estate....bigger boot too and bigger towing capacity.
    Will definately have a look cheers!

Bobo78 wrote: »
    Yeah how about the new Skoda Octavia facilifted model. ;)
    had a look & it has the same problem as previous skodas - too low to the ground..the undercarraige doesnt have enough room for my liking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

are you sure you need an estate. they usually are worthless after a few years as theres no desire for them.
    anyhow i would give my vote to the opel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Have you looked into buying an i30 new in the UK and importing it? Could be worth a phonecall or two and see what kind of deals are going. Then subtract the UK VAT, convert to yo-yo's and add Irish VAT and VRT.

Advertisement