Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO!

Options
  • 12-01-2009 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

so say if i put down media as my first choice and journalism as my second

media is say......300 points on last years points
    journalism.........360 " " " "

it changes to 200 and 150 respectively

which course do i get?

Comments

If you have the points for your first choice, you get it. You're first choice is your number one preference.

It depends on how many points you get. If you get 200 points, you'll get your first choice. If you get 195 points, you'll get your second choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

You shouldn't concentrate on the points (relatively speaking), but on your genuine order of preference. If you would prefer one over the other, that's the one you should put first, regardless of points. If you get enough points for the higher points course, and have put it first, that's the one you get and the rest become irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

You shouldn't concentrate on the points (relatively speaking), but on your genuine order of preference. If you would prefer one over the other, that's the one you should put first, regardless of points. If you get enough points for the higher points course, and have put it first, that's the one you get and the rest become irrelevant.

Spot on!

Advertisement