Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aritech cd350 [Moved from DIY]

Options
  • 12-01-2009 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

hi all

looking for some advice. my alarm has always beeped when you open the front door to go out, some time ago it disappeared when the battery died, i put in a new battery and the beep came back, if a little low audibly. No problem it never bothered me - the alarm worked. Yesterday the beep came back nice and loud (for no reason at all) and it has been going off now and then since then (without the door being opened) - so finally - my question - how do I turn this beep off from the control panel - I presume the sensor is being fooled by the wind so I just want to swith this off.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There is a volume pot on the main PCB board of the keypad. There are only 2 the other is for the screen cotrast so dont worry about turning the wrong on.
    Procede as follows
    remove the small flat head screw (if present)under the bottom of the keypad
    Push the tab in & remove the lid bottom first
    Turn the pot anti clockwise (If the contrast dims reset & turn the other one) to the desired level.
    Replace the lid top first ensuring the keys are lined up with the holes , the bottom will clip onto the tap you pressed in when opening , refit the screw.
    When you open the lid the alarm will activate, disarm with your code.
    Although there is no point in turning off this beep if the sensor is false alarming atfer the entry time runs out the bells will activate. Most likely the contact or sensor on the front door needs replacing.
    Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

Thanks - will give that a go.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

good luck with it any probs let me know

Advertisement