Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dealers and servicing.

Options
  • 12-01-2009 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭

I've emailed three separate dealers asking for the cost of a a service and have not had a reply. I just wanted to find out the price before I book the service. Not a single one has replied. I can't understand why, with the decreased sales levels this year, they are not even in the game.

I know I could phone, but I work in IT and am used to emailing. What's the point of having a web site with an email contact address and then not even responding? Does anyone else use email for contact with garages?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Yes most check their mail every fortnight if your lucky.

It can be hard to give a proper quote not knowing the condition of the car and when it was last serviced, for a basic service with oil, plugs and filters your probably looking at little change of €200.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Do it yourself. It's so so simple and will save you a packet.

Theres even a thread here.

Leave major jobs to the garage but try taking care of the simple stuff yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Do it yourself. It's so so simple and will save you a packet.

Theres even a thread here.

Leave major jobs to the garage but try taking care of the simple stuff yourself.

I would but I want to sell the car later on with a dealer service history. I've got a good guy for the OH's older car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

What year/model of car is it?

Dealer service history is only important to a point, I'd guess maybe 3-5 years on most models. Open to correction on that.

Advertisement