Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is this 1mb broadband

Options
  • 12-01-2009 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

when i checked my speed on my router i got 1024/128 (kbps) i know that the first no. is 1mb but does the second no. make a difference

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 szyslak

The second is your upload speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

yep, 1mb down 128k up

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭apkb

thanks but i just feel like im gettin screwed cos it is so slow. when playing games online using xbox live no other computer can be using the internet at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Try www.speedtest.net and post the results

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Well 1mb is hardly lightning fast. Ireland is so far behind in broadband though its not even funny anymore.

• Advertisement

888/81 is what i got. ya i think its the only speed i can get think. im gonna look into a faster speed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

128k upload will all but kill your gaming experience, especially if it's Xbox Live. Upgrade to 3M/384k, but not to 7M/whatever, as that tends to be crap for gaming, according to many reports here.

81k will especially kill your gaming experience.

thanks for the advice
    i will certainly look into it

Advertisement