Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC price increase

Options
  • 12-01-2009 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

UPC have added €2 per month to all their broadband prices.

Did UPC inform any of you about this increase to your contracted price? They sure didn't inform me. A letter would have been nice. When they were NTL they sent a flyer in my bill when a price increase was coming.

I'm no legal expert. Can they up their price like this without informing us first?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

The otherhalf order broadband from them (over the phone) on the 28th Dec or so. When asked if the prices would increase, he was told no. Jan 1 arrives, 2Euro on everything. He even told UPC he saw a notice on the homepage re prices increases, but was told it didn't affect him. They are clueless - used to it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭altered121

benifa wrote: »
    UPC have added €2 per month to all their broadband prices.

Did UPC inform any of you about this increase to your contracted price? They sure didn't inform me. A letter would have been nice. When they were NTL they sent a flyer in my bill when a price increase was coming.

I'm no legal expert. Can they up their price like this without informing us first?

Legally They can increase price and must advertise the increase ( they did so in papers in December & on web ) However You have a statutory Right to exit your contract where the price of service is increased..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

I cancelled my UPC contract yesterday. €49 every month is too much for my liking since I don't watch much television and just use my TVs to watch DVD/AVIs. I've hooked up a set top DTT aerial I bought on Ebay for less than €5. Picture for terrestrial channels is OK with this.

Their recorded message on the phone yesterday mentioned they advertised the price increase in the media.

Regarding the statuatory right to exit the contract. Is that with immediate effect or one months notice. they told me I must give one months notice.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

The otherhalf order broadband from them (over the phone) on the 28th Dec or so. When asked if the prices would increase, he was told no. Jan 1 arrives, 2Euro on everything. He even told UPC he saw a notice on the homepage re prices increases, but was told it didn't affect him. They are clueless - used to it now.

It really takes a lot of effort to be as bad as they are - such incompetence does not come naturally:rolleyes:

From the upc website:
    We're a new player in the Irish entertainment market and we're already the largest company. Over the next few months we'll be making things better, bringing you the services you deserve. We're investing a lot of time and money to make this happen but it is going to take time. So, please be patient with us. Within these pages you'll find details of just a few of the changes we're making.

The results of some of these changes can already be seen. To date we have been voted the Best Internet Service Providers for 2008 at the Digital Media Awards. At the National Irish Contact Centre and Shared Services Awards in November 2008 we won two coveted awards; Best Training Programme and Best Use of Technology. We also received a special commendation for Best Technical Support Centre/Helpdesk. We have also been nominated for an ITC award for our Corporate and Social Responsibility work and for an AIM award for Best Sales Team.

So much for awards!:rolleyes:

Advertisement