Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DJ Record Bag, containing 12inch vinyl- Left in Taxi boot NYE/ NY day Morning

• 12-01-2009 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hi,

Sorry if im posting in the wrong place...

I've pretty much trying everything possible at this stage, thought id post here on the off-chance someone knows something or has/ will comes across 'em.
    Left a large bag of records (12 inch Vinyl) in the back of a taxi NYE after a gig at MC GRUDERS bar on Thomas st , got dropped to rathfarnham after being picked up outside the BREWERY HOSTEL beside Mcgruders bar 5.30-6am.
    I have no way of identifying the driver, no reciept, checked cctv etc.
    Trying the carriage office everyday as well as the garda stations etc.

Apart from the obvious sentimental value of the records, this is how I earned my living, I am unable to work form this point in tiime.

If anyone gets offered, see's or hears of my records etc, can you let me know.
    There is a substantial reward on offer.

It was a black UDG bag containing about 100 vinyl.
    There was also, sony headphones, ortofon pro-s carts, ipod, cybershot digital camera in it too.
    products-UDG_Flipfront_Slanted_Bag-convenience.jpg
    All techno, some electro. (Detroit, Deep and Harder techno to be precise)
    A lot of new stuff and a lot of old stuff probably a 50/50 divide.

Names/ labels of some of the records to look out for:
    Dave tarrida
    Alex Cortex
    Adam x
    Sunil Sharpe
    Shawn Rudiman
    Americhord
    Stephen Brown
    Matt French
    Patrik Skoog
    Headroom
    Oscar mulero
    Gunjack
    Rennie Foster
    Christian Wunsch
    Beyer
    Grindvik
    Hardcell
    Rumenige and loktibrada
    Ian J richardson
    Dj Boss
    A.Paul
    Lars Kein
    Dj Bone
    Los Hermanos
    Percy x
    Mark Broom
    Carl Craig

some labels:
    Loads of older drumcode stuff
    Drumworks stuff
    A red planet album
    Platzinkirchen
    D1
    Subject detroit
    Planet E
    Planet Rhythm
    Palicavonzreca

That's all I can remember at the minute, heads all over the place.

I would really appreciate any help....

Thanks for reading,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Wish you all the best mate, nothing worse than losing your music..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

Thats an absolute sickener mate, I wouldn't know what to do if I lost a load of my records!!! I still reckon you might get them back. Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Jesus thats terrible man...try sending an email into metro or herald AM , someone might get back to you through them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

Check the second hand record shops, ask them to keep a lookout, ( especially those which sell 2nd hand DJ vinyl) they are all sound and will inform you if something turns up... check ebay.ie for job lots of dance records.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭electrofilth

also try contacting a taxi organisation in dublin, dont have a number for them myself but I am sure they would have a central system for contacting members, its worth giving it a shot. best of luck anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

harsh harsh harsh andy, hang in there!

Advertisement