Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rail Regulations

Options
  • 12-01-2009 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hi,

I'm trying to find out rail regulations such as max speed limit and minimum headway etc.
    I've tried googling but can't seem to find anything.
    Also tried europa.eu site but couldn't find it there either.

I'd be grateful if anyone here could point me in the right direction.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,375 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think its down to individual systems to come up with their own safety case. I n the case of Ireland, thats primarily Irish Rail and Veolia. The RSC then approves the safety case.

http://www.rsc.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭kingshankly

pmg001 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm trying to find out rail regulations such as max speed limit and minimum headway etc.
    I've tried googling but can't seem to find anything.
    Also tried europa.eu site but couldn't find it there either.

I'd be grateful if anyone here could point me in the right direction.

Cheers!
    each different line has different speed restrictions and each loco or dmu has its own max speed .then some bridges have speed and weight restrictions.for full information you would need to get your hands on an irish rail working timetable and general appendix if there is anything in particular you require i could find out for you

Advertisement