Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

glasses ?

Options
  • 12-01-2009 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

hi guys
    im new to airsoft. i will be getting my first aeg on saturday.
    i wear glasses because im blind as a bat.
    will i be able to were my glasses when skirmishing?
    it will be an essential for me
    i was looking to get a face mask but would you recomend goggels. i would like something comfortable but safe
    maybe some who wears glasses can help
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Turncoat

Welcome to airsoft.

I wear glasses too and I am blind as a bat without them. The best thing would be to get contacts or ESS turbo fan goggles. If you don't have much money to spend then sensei masks work great with glasses.

Glasses tend to fog up once your body temperature rises. The best thing to do, rub some handwash liquid on your glasses and then wash before your skirmish. I do the same and mine don't fog.

Hope this helps:)

Edit - It says that you are getting your first AEG soon. Then a little advice - There are 2 people who use hindu names. one of them is me and the other is this guy called shiva:pac:. I'm the lesser of two evils. This guy has been taking my money since september and has led me to increase my credit card limits:p. In other words he tempts us with great looking AEG's:p.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

thanks for the reply.
    i plan on visiting tonys shop on saturday to get my gear,
    does tony stock the sensi mask? it eill do untill i get the rest of the money and upgrade to the goggels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

3102derek wrote: »
    thanks for the reply.
    i plan on visiting tonys shop on saturday to get my gear,
    does tony stock the sensi mask? it eill do untill i get the rest of the money and upgrade to the goggels.

Sansei masks are here - http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=8&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

I use the ESS turbofans, which are pricey to get here (I'd recommend the ESS Striker over ESS profile, they have more room in them for glasses). Shop around, I got mine in the states for 90USD or so. Worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Some of the ESS models (Ice 2.4 glasses, Advancer V-12 which I have and picked up from Protac) have the ability to take Rx inserts for people who need glasses but don't want bulky goggles getting in the way.

I've no idea how effective Rx inserts are since I don't need glasses, but there ye go. Another option for you to look at

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I'm fairly blind myself, i use a sansei mask and find it great, no fogging up your glasses with those babys!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

As another bat, I've tried mesh with glasses (fairly good) but not great in low light and ESS turbofans with specs too. Much better but sometimes the glasses themselves fog.
    As Gerrowadat said; the ESS striker turbofans are better for over glasses but I think both the striker and profiles have inserts which will take prescription lenses.
    After many recommendations I took the plunge and got contacts and have used them in two skirmishes with fantastic results.

Contacts ftw, but if they dont work for you - the ESS turbofans (although expensive) are hard to beat.

Advertisement