Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yarn wanted

• 12-01-2009 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi all,

Can someone tell me where i can get yarn in waterford also i heard in clonmel is a yarn shop.
    I could also go online...if someone know which website is good.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,678 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If you are looking for good quality have a look in Pins and Needles on Mayors walk(? one of those roads off Patrick Street, you can see it easily - next to the little Italian Restaurant). Also in the Singer Shop on New Street. Cheaper stuff in Michael Guineys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 OonaghHearne

There's a shop beside the Nokia centre that used to have a lot of yarns etc. Pretty sure it's still there. Can't help with the name of the street, just up the hill and on the bend from the old cinema.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

if your looking for a good yarn ask multivan he seems to be starting a thread daily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 olivedelicious

thanks all for your help...

i heard also in clonmel suppose to be one really good...???

i will have a look today in the 2 shops in waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,678 ✭✭✭✭looksee

There's a shop beside the Nokia centre that used to have a lot of yarns etc. Pretty sure it's still there. Can't help with the name of the street, just up the hill and on the bend from the old cinema.

yes, thats the same place as Pins and Needles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

What kink of yarn are you after?

1st port of call are the 2 shops mentioned who can order in for you if its enough for a garment if not, this site has loads of bargains:

http://stores.ebay.ie/Bedford-Sewing-Knitting-Machines

Also anybody know of anywhere other that Lena's wool shop in Limerick where I can get wool on a cone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 olivedelicious

i look on this website ... i didnt find what i want .

i look for extra bulky yarn and also large needle brittany birch wooden knitting needles....

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Mia belle

Hi, I buy my yarn from www.thisisknit.ie have been very happy with them to date. They also sell the brittany needles.

Advertisement