Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

very bright light in east at 8.45am 12th jan

Options
  • 12-01-2009 10:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭

hi
    i was driving from limerick to tipperary town at 8.45am 12 jan, in the east slighlty to my left about 60 degrees from ground i seen a white light in the sky, like a flash off bottom of a plane or a planes head lights pointed straight at you, thought it was one of these first, but it got extremaly bright and bigger, and then started to fade slowly and get smaller (over 15 secs) to a small yellowish ball and disappear. it didnt move in the sky at all, got the feeling it was not in the atmoshpere, looked like a really really bright star. never seen anything like it, looked really amazing....
    anyone see it or similar thing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Afraid I can't help you there Scully74, apart from saying that it doesn't appear to have been an Iridium Flare as none were due in the area around that time according to Heavens Above.

Advertisement