Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filing Cabinets

• 12-01-2009 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi all

Looking to get myself a filing cabinet or two small ones to put like a piece of wood on to make a desk! you know the metal ones?

If you have a large one or two small ones you dont use i can collect them from you!

Or even if you have a desk you dont use i can take it!

I will buy one if i dont get a response from here!

My plan is to buy two small filing cabinets and put a good size cut of wood on top to make a good desk dont really want one of those aldi or lidl type desks,

What office shop in town is good to deal with and willing to do a deal a good deal that is!!

Anybody got any experience?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Fieldmaster on the Quay probably most popular. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Multivan

Sully wrote: »
    Fieldmaster on the Quay probably most popular. :)

Have you got experience with them?

Just wondering how they react when I try haggle with them over price?

Theres a shop down by the tourist information office so i will play them off each other! Im sure theres another!!! yeah theres one up by the old Cinema up there theres an office suppliers!

But i would like to deal with people who are open to offers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,678 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Try OPD on the business park behind the Toyota Garage on the Cork Road. They used to have stacks of secondhand office stuff, I've got some good stuff in there but haven't been there in a while, worth having a look.

looksee wrote: »
    Try OPD on the business park behind the Toyota Garage on the Cork Road. They used to have stacks of secondhand office stuff, I've got some good stuff in there but haven't been there in a while, worth having a look.

Wow thats the sort of thing now id be interested in!!!!

Must take a look see if theyre open 2mor

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I think the store beside the Tourist Office is closed down?

Not sure about haggling but Fieldmaster have always supplied great stuff like filing cabinets when I got them.

Could try buying online from like Viking Direct but thats probably pricy for the consumer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Hey,

I'll send you an PM with info of where I work, Come into me and i'll try and look after you.

ziedth wrote: »
    Hey,

I'll send you an PM with info of where I work, Come into me and i'll try and look after you.

Yeah i think i was talking to you today in your shop!

Im still not sure! was i talking to you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Multivan wrote: »
    Yeah i think i was talking to you today in your shop!

Im still not sure! was i talking to you?

I don't think so mate,

I was away for a couple of hours and I don't think I was talking to anyone regarding Filing Cabinets. Was he a Eastern European chap?

ziedth wrote: »
    I don't think so mate,

I was away for a couple of hours and I don't think I was talking to anyone regarding Filing Cabinets. Was he a Eastern European chap?

I was talking to somebody in OPD and then i was in Field Master on the Quey.

Seems to be the same prices, with deals available in both!

Maybe i wasnt talking so!

Advertisement