Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History?

Options
  • 12-01-2009 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭

was just wondering can you do history as a degree on its own without doing it through the arts omnibus thing???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Yes, you can apply to do it on its own without having to do it through general Arts. I think the code is DN052... you may want to check that code, though! Like with general arts, you also have the option on going on Erasmums, which means you get to study abroad for a year. The points are higher than general arts, but I think you can still apply transfer after first year, but it's grade dependent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Yes you can. It is 500 points, arts is about 370. Apply for History first and arts second as history in arts is the same. If your grades are good enough after first year doing history as part of arts you can do single honours history through arts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

ha well thats good news anyway am only in 5th so prob change my mind before filling out the CAO.

Advertisement