Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFIV madcatz control pad - where to buy in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yeh i've seen people in racing and fighting tourney's who have all sorts of weird and wacky adapters so that their own controller of choice is always viable regardless of the platform. Most of the adapters are of asian origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I haven't seen anything for converting PS2 controllers to work on the 360.. Had a look on ebay and nothing exists there.

I was thinking the ones designed for using PS2 controllers on the PC might work..

Saying that, they all convert to USB so I can't imagine them being very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Xbox 360 uses a nasty hardware chip for all peripherals, which is why adapters for it are so scarce & expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Has anyone tried this option:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2x-KEN-FIGHTING-PAD-CONTROLLERS-FOR-STREET-FIGHTER-4-IV_W0QQitemZ400033298880QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item400033298880&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1234%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A2%7C294%3A50

I have a few of these limited edition pads for the ps2 and am cosidering just buying the ps2 to ps3 adaptor but am not sure how good of a solution it is.

I had a Ken PS2 pad I bought a few years ago (still boxed). Bought the adapter on ebay yesterday for cheap.

Finally, a reason to open the Ken ps2 pad box :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Any new sources for the pads.....Or would somebody be willing to sell their one as they dont like/want it. Yeah I know....chancing my arm:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

lads , once again, what about the saitek pad? Its meant to have a good d-pad on it and its made for the 360, does anyone know a site that sells it that'll deliver here?

p3600v2.jpg

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/p3600v2.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Excellent. I think I will take that option so..

Shame that you can't get similar adaptors for the Xbox360 as we have both the PS3 and 360 versions in the house and it would be sweet if the one solution worked on both.

I have one of them. used it a bit but not much. how much would you pay?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    lads , once again, what about the saitek pad? Its meant to have a good d-pad on it and its made for the 360, does anyone know a site that sells it that'll deliver here?

p3600v2.jpg

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/p3600v2.htm

Only 4 face buttons, therefore not worth the steam off your piss.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Retr0gamer wrote: »

With the 360 controller, I have the L and M buttons on the face of the controller. LB and RB are the H butons and the triggers are the PPP and KKK buttons.

If you started Street Fighter on the Snes, you'll have no problems with this set up and the analog stick.

If you started with the MegaDrive, maybe not so much!

That but with a d-pad that works versus a d-pad that does not is still a better choice.

Beggars cannot be choosers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    That but with a d-pad that works versus a d-pad that does not is still a better choice.

Beggars cannot be choosers.

But I'm sure you can find one with the triggers on as face buttons though. Hitting the R buttons to trigger special moves will be awkward and hitting the L buttons will be very difficult if not impossible to get used to. It might be a bit easier for charge characters but I could never get used to it on the SNES. But then again I was a megadrive man.

Man I've already been using a PS pad since the alpha days....

I'm looking for 360 pads for my m8s who've bought the game but are stuck with a 360 controller and thus are forced to use a little stick to play due to a dodgy d-pad. They were gonna get the mad catz pads but they're outa the picture now.

I don't see any other pads that work with the 360. If you know where to get others, please tell me. I'm finding it hard to find any 3rd party 360 pads.

Frankly my ****ty 12 euro pc game pad is better for SF than a 360 pad but of course a 360 wouldn't register it :mad:

I've got one of the very first microsoft sidewinder pads and it's fantastic. I wish MS just used it's d-pad design and 6 face buttons and you would have the greatest controller ever. I'll have a look for a pad on playasia but I'm sure there's nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    I have one of them. used it a bit but not much. how much would you pay?

Would give you a tenner for it. The ones for the PS3 are 5euro on ebay.

The have joypad convertors for converting PS2 pads to 360 but the price is outrageous. $90

Even the Hori sticks are back ordered :(

If I actually had the game in my hands and wasn't so busy I'd be fuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

The have joypad convertors for converting PS2 pads to 360 but the price is outrageous. $90

Even the Hori sticks are back ordered :(

If I actually had the game in my hands and wasn't so busy I'd be fuming.

You're more then welcome to fume on my behalf :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,368 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

is the SFIV madcatz control pad really worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'm using the regular ps3 controller and I'm not having any problems at all, maybe because I've always played street fighter with 4 face buttons.

ShaneU wrote: »
    I'm using the regular ps3 controller and I'm not having any problems at all, maybe because I've always played street fighter with 4 face buttons.

i find it very hard to do the Z shape with the ps3 contoller

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I've been using the analogue stick and I have to say, it's not as bad as people make out. It's by no means perfect but by no means as useless or horrible as you'd think from reading on the internet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

The analogue stick works fine for the input motions for fireballs and dragon punches etc. It's not great for characters with charging moves like vega, bison, blanka, guile etc. You have to move your thumb from left to right too much compared to the dpad. While it's still adequate for normal charge attacks like sonic booms etc, that extra movement makes it really difficult to pull off supers and ultras. Still, the ps3 controller is not terrible and I am still having fun beating up the many online Kens while waiting for gameseek to send me some madcats.

i cant believe these controllers are going for 70-90 euro on ebay

wow

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Its not that surprising. People have bought the game, they have invested into it. Might aswell go the whole sha-bang and get a controller so you can actually enjoy it.

You will notice that the PS3 madcatz are going for retail price, 40 euro basically. Thats because more ps3 people are willing to put up with the controller because its decent for fighters. The 80 quid prices are all for 360 controllers.....because the default one is horrid for fighters. No point in buying SF4 if you can't play it :). I got a ken one off ebay, I must have been lucky though coz my winning bid was like 69 euro and thats the cheapest ive seen them go by a long way.

The Hori sticks are sold out everywhere as well :( It's my own fault really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Pants. Really need a better way of playing this than using the xbox analog stick

nice one just won the the blanka version of the madcatz pad for the ps3

great price too

getting it from america

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Would give you a tenner for it. The ones for the PS3 are 5euro on ebay.

I meant the controller. not the adapter

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Kirby wrote: »
    got a ken one off ebay, I must have been lucky though coz my winning bid was like 69 euro and thats the cheapest ive seen them go by a long way.

I got a Ryu (360) pad off EBay last Tuesday for €62 :p

Well I can't seem to find anywhere that'll deliver the saitek pads to Ireland. its only UK,UK,Uk...

I dunno, maybe I could get an irish shop to order them in. (gamenash maybe?)

Its unbelievable how much of a nightmare it is to find a pad for the 360 with a working d-pad.

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

I was checking the prices of the Hori stick on play.com and they've jacked up the prices because of the demand. Also, the madcatz tournament stick is now £360 pounds :eek: http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/8708487/Street-Fighter-IV-Premium-PS3-FightStick-Arcade-Controller-Tournament-Edition/Product.html

Advertisement