Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFIV madcatz control pad - where to buy in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They aren't plays prices they are traders selling through play.com

Touting bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Ah right, still, wtf, the controller costs more than the console :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I wonder would it be worth our while approaching someone who could get them in bulk and making a boards.ie purchase.

I would definitely buy one of the arcade ones if I could.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Vegeta wrote: »
    I wonder would it be worth our while approaching someone who could get them in bulk and making a boards.ie purchase.

I'm sure the shops would get them in if they could. I'd say even the distributers are all out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm sure the shops would get them in if they could. I'd say even the distributers are all out of stock.

Tis a pain in the whole.

A bit more practice with the pad and I may actually win a round on Live but I am struggling with it tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Stanzen

Was on a stag in Galway at the weekend and said I'd just pop into Gamestop just to see IF.......and they had 2 Hori EX2 Sticks. One on display and one boxed.

I've never really used an arcade stick before, I wanted a fightpad but said it'd cut my losses and just get it......

SF4 + Hori EX2 = SAVAGENESS!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Well I can't seem to find anywhere that'll deliver the saitek pads to Ireland. its only UK,UK,Uk...

I dunno, maybe I could get an irish shop to order them in. (gamenash maybe?)

Its unbelievable how much of a nightmare it is to find a pad for the 360 with a working d-pad.

:mad:

If you can find a fightpad anywhere, get it. My game and figthpad finally arrived this morning in the mail at last....and im very impressed with it.

The D-pad is brilliant tbh. I havent come accross a move I can't do with it and it just FEELS so much better than the 360 pad. The D-pad feels weird at first but after a few minutes you get used to it. After a couple of hours I'm beating people on live and im well pleased. Two thumbs up from me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Vegeta wrote: »

Just get a custom stick made from Shoryuken instead, the prices people are paying for the TE sticks are absolutely stupid. Even with shipping to Europe, you could get a great stick much cheaper custom-made, I wager.

Dunno man. Shipping for something as big and heavy as a stick would probably be nearing 100 quid. Thats alot of dough on JUST shipping.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Just get a custom stick made from Shoryuken instead, the prices people are paying for the TE sticks are absolutely stupid. Even with shipping to Europe, you could get a great stick much cheaper custom-made, I wager.

And how much would this set you back? I'm getting desperate at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

I need a decent pad too. The ****ty Xbox d-pad halves the fun of the game. Ive to resort to clutching the analogue stick between thumb and forefinger to even attempt the ultra combos.

If a bulk buy was possible Id definately be up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

I need a decent pad too. The ****ty Xbox d-pad halves the fun of the game. Ive to resort to clutching the analogue stick between thumb and forefinger to even attempt the ultra combos.

If a bulk buy was possible Id definately be up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 bourkeylxp

if anyone wants more bad news, i was in game today and they said they or anyone will never be stocking the tourney sticks again, apperantly the production line has come to a halt due to some copyright infringement with the tournament edition sticks, dont know any details and im not sure if theres much truth in it though.

id be up for the bulk buying thing aswell:)

The guys in game don't know their ass from their elbow tbh. It would on kotaku if there was problems.

What he said. I know people in my local game.....nice guys but they are fairly clueless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Kirby wrote: »
    What he said. I know people in my local game.....nice guys but they are fairly clueless.
    lol :pac: what shop is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Stanzen wrote: »

SF4 + Hori EX2 = SAVAGENESS!

Could not agree more;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

That really is the funniest story I've ever heard. Quite clearly a load of bull. From my experience of games shops in this lovely island of ours, is that they are clueless. At best, they are fanboys who read every little article from any fanboy blogger and take it to be fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

bourkeylxp wrote: »
    if anyone wants more bad news, i was in game today and they said they or anyone will never be stocking the tourney sticks again, apperantly the production line has come to a halt due to some copyright infringement with the tournament edition sticks, dont know any details and im not sure if theres much truth in it though.

id be up for the bulk buying thing aswell:)

Haha, it's great how games retailers that can get away with running their businesses this embarrasingly and still make money.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,368 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

look what i got today

12.jpg

theres so much difference,I cant actually do some brilliant moves now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

PS3 version I see. Whats your opinion on the ps3 pad versus this?

How'd yea get it anyway, ebay?

If anyone wants to ring before they head down, Gamestop in the Quays in Newry might have one for the PS3. I should have picked it up yesterday and sold it to one of the boardsies but I wasn't thinking sorry :( Not sure what type it was they just said they only had one left for the PS3.

Got a new TV though so I'm back in business at 720p :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,368 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    PS3 version I see. Whats your opinion on the ps3 pad versus this?

How'd yea get it anyway, ebay?

im loving it anyway,alot easier than the ps3 controller tbh

and yes i got it from ebay

(tbh I cant play online so I wont be holding onto the controller for long ..pm me if youre interested)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Nice!

Gameseek are still trying to source stock. They keep sending me updates on it. Hopefully i can get one soon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Gameseek are still trying to source stock. They keep sending me updates on it. Hopefully i can get one soon

same here... I'm not too pushed about the delay though, working through my RTS backlog atm. But the fact they are sending me so many emails makes me feel like they know they aren't getting stock in any time soon and are just trying to get me to hang on for as long as possible before I cancel my order, like those premium numbers you call that say "your call is very important to us, someone will take your call shortly"... but they never do :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Wow, I have spent most of today trying to source a good joystick for use with SF4. All I can say is, there are a lot of scabs out there who are happy to try take advantage of people. 400% markup my ass.

If anybody sees a decent tournament controller come up at normal prices give me a bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

For people on the 360 who really want a good d-pad to play the game with.

This hori 360 pad with snes style d-pad is in stock again on play-asia.

hori_360_controller.jpg?t=1236741629

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Simeadrach wrote: »
    If anybodies interested, I've got one of the PS3 Tournament edition fightsticks for sale, PM me for details.

I'd love to hang on to it but lets just say the "current economic climate" is making it had to afford excessive luxury items. :(

I had it up on adverts, but had to take it down cos i'm a retard and didn't read the rules properly, wasn't worth the ban.

Ehhmm, your likely to get a ban here as well. Touting something on boards cos you couldn't on adverts isn't the smartest move.

And insunuated profiteering is likely to piss people off as well - me included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Simeadrach

For what its worth I'm not out to offend anyone, I'm just completely new to this sort of thing.
    I'm not contacting anybody who PMed me re the controller as I already know i;m in the s**t.

Apologies for insulting people and wassting other peoples time.

frak me my heads spinnin from all o this carry on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

lots of snitches on here simeadreach. If the mods dont see you be sure someone will rat you out. ;)

Advertisement