Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFIV madcatz control pad - where to buy in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Simeadrach

Cheers for the Heads up evad_lhorg, lesson well learned!!

I've decided to hang on to it anyways, who need food anyways!

Just a bit of advice for anybody who gots or is getting one of those Tournament Edition Fight Sticks, make good use of that lil' switch on the top that switches between the analogue sticks and the d-pad.

The analogue is good for Ryu/Ken types: its easer to pull off the quarter circles n stuff but you gotta switch to the d-pad setting for any charge type characters like Guile.
    If you cant get your moves out just change the setting, works like a charm. Although a bit o skill doesn't go amiss either :)

Do the Hori sticks have this function too or just the Capcom one, just curious cos now i need to pick up another stick for playin with me mates in the gaff

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭hurleyd

Play.com say they have Chun Li Fightpads for the PS3 in stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

hurleyd wrote: »
    Play.com say they have Chun Li Fightpads for the PS3 in stock.

Thank you.

Just ordering one. I wait for confirmation of it been posted before cancelling my order with gameseek unless someone here already got a fightpad to a rep. of ireland address from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭hurleyd

Thank you.

Just ordering one. I wait for confirmation of it been posted before cancelling my order with gameseek unless someone here already got a fightpad to a rep. of ireland address from them.

And they're all gone now. Like you I'm waiting for it to be posted before cancelling my gameseek order. Currently at the Packing stage however long that will take.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,368 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i taught play.com only send games to ireland no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Headshot wrote: »

Yeah, they refuse to send electronics as they would have to incorporate a charge in the pricing to countries using the scheme in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Headshot wrote: »
    Yeah, they refuse to send electronics as they would have to incorporate a charge in the pricing to countries using the scheme in Europe.

Play.com lump controllers together with games, under the 'games' section. That's why we can have them shipped to Eire. Deliberate oversight on their part, I reckon.

hurleyd wrote: »
    And they're all gone now. Like you I'm waiting for it to be posted before cancelling my gameseek order. Currently at the Packing stage however long that will take.

I don't think I'll be getting mine. Its stuck at Order Taken. Hopefully it's just to be packed on monday and not that they took too many orders for the amount they had.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I don't think I'll be getting mine. Its stuck at Order Taken. Hopefully it's just to be packed on monday and not that they took too many orders for the amount they had.

I received a notice from gameseek last week that my madcatz pad had been shipped. I'll post here when I receive it. They seem to be going by first come first served so you should probably get yours in the next allotment they get

L31mr0d wrote: »
    I received a notice from gameseek last week that my madcatz pad had been shipped. I'll post here when I receive it. They seem to be going by first come first served so you should probably get yours in the next allotment they get

Too late. I caved and bought one of ebay last night. My ken masters fightpad should be on my way to me

• Advertisement

got mine in the post this morning, what a nice paddys day gift :D

Here are some pics:

75056.JPG

75055.JPG

75057.JPG

75058.JPG

75059.JPG

I can also confirm it works without any issue in Vista x64. It uses the default Microsoft HID driver, so no install needed, I just plugged in the dongle, hit the PS3 home button and it connected within a few seconds, see the image attached, happy days :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I look foward to seeing what your made of online Leimrod now that you have got the pad.

Azza wrote: »
    I look foward to seeing what your made of online Leimrod now that you have got the pad.

lol, I need to get some practice in first. It's been a good while since I had a serious game of Street Fighter. Going to pick up SFIV today anyway.

About online, I'd play you this evening if you want. We could meet on vent. Just tell me what I need to get and set up as I haven't done it before. Send me a PM about what time you'll be on if you're game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Argh, it's a shame ure all on psn. The only people I ever play on Live are randomers as only one person on my friends list has SF4 yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

mad catz fightsticks for PS3 available from their site. I'm waiting for the xbox ones, hence why I'm sharing :p:D

http://store.gameshark.net/sfiv/sfiv_fs_ps3.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Kirby wrote: »
    Argh, it's a shame ure all on psn. The only people I ever play on Live are randomers as only one person on my friends list has SF4 yet.

You not reading the sfiv countdown thread? (its more of a general SFIV thread now , we really need a fighting game forum, bah!)

anyway theres a poll, more people on the 360 then on ps3. check the xbox section for their live user names!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Hi folks,

Apologies to mods if I'm in the wrong with this post & I'll remove it.

My 360 started freezing last night whilst playing Assassins Creed & I reckon the RROD isn't too far away. I have a Ryu pad (used once) which I got about 10 days ago. If my 360 goes the way of the Dodo, I'll probably put the pad up on Adverts.ie for €60 (Between the exchange rate & shipping I'll be losing €25). Just wondering if the inevitable happens would anyone be interested? I still have the original packaging and can meet people in Dublin.

Send me a PM if anyone wants to register their interest before I decide to stick it up on Adverts.

FUUUUUU.... :mad: that little dongle that comes with the madcatz controller is rubbish, I keep getting disconnects. It's not my batteries as I have rechargeable ones and they are fully charged.

I'm going to have to get a USB extension for it as it seems being any further than 4ft away from it causes it to disconnect, which is rubbish as I can operate my 360 and PS3 controller from a good 20ft away.

Anyway else having this problem with this controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

I think no one else have a madcatz controller :D

• Advertisement

FUUUUUU.... :mad: that little dongle that comes with the madcatz controller is rubbish, I keep getting disconnects. It's not my batteries as I have rechargeable ones and they are fully charged.

I'm going to have to get a USB extension for it as it seems being any further than 4ft away from it causes it to disconnect, which is rubbish as I can operate my 360 and PS3 controller from a good 20ft away.

Could it be interference from other wireless devices?

I think my controller is at home waiting for me. I'll check mine out tonight and report back

Could it be interference from other wireless devices?

I think my controller is at home waiting for me. I'll check mine out tonight and report back

well I disabled my wireless router before leaving for work (as I only have it on for my Skype phone which I rarely use), but haven't tried the controller since doing that as I had to head out.

The only thing I know is that the dongle looks a lot like the ones I get with logitech keyboards and mice and which needs to usually be only a few feet away and in direct line of sight with no obstructions. I mean it will seriously get irritating if the controller disconnects every time someone walks in front of the TV.

I'll test it out again when I get home but I'd say I'll need a USB extension cable to get it closer to where I sit.

I didn't have any problems with mine tonight.

The pad makes special moves easier to do though i now can't do supers or ultras for the likes of ken/ryu. From some reason i can see fireball but i now suck at doing the double quater circle forward + punch/kick

sad panda :(

maybe mines a dud... the weird thing is that it will settle down and stay connected after a few minutes some times. Other times it will just keep connecting and disconnecting even when I have the controller right beside the dongle
    The pad makes special moves easier to do though i now can't do supers or ultras for the likes of ken/ryu. From some reason i can see fireball but i now suck at doing the double quater circle forward + punch/kick

sad panda :(

:eek: I have the EXACT same problem. I can now pull off Ryus normal moves a lot easier, but supers and ultras are a pain. I found them a lot easier with the sixaxis. Maybe I just need more practice. I can still pull them off but it usually requires some D-Pad mashing to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Go into training mode, put input display on, and make sure you're inputting the double qcf correctly, might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

its not the pads its the game. They tried to make inputs more forgiving and added short cuts to doing the basic moves, but this has just made things harder as often the game picks up ultra motions as a shortcut to another move, be it EX dragon punch with ryu, teleport with bison, and so on and the ultra will wiff. Entering in the ultra commands a lot slower then normal seems to help but its hard to break old habits , even more so in an intense online game. Wiffing ultras has cost me a lot of matchs.

Pisses me off when it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

The game should only pull out an EX move like that if you didn't hit all three buttons, haven't got ultra meter, or are fudging the input by going too fast than you're comfortable with.

I've seen some videos of high-level tournaments, with some of the players performing inputs as fast as MVC2 players do, and not messing up. I don't think the problem's with the game, but it shouldn't mess up your game to go a little bit slower either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I just saw the Jap first Nationals (Dhalsim vs Sagat), and in the 2nd match Sagat fudged up TWO FADC combos.

Nerves or not, I will simply say that SFIV's inputs are HORRENDOUSLY thought out.

Bring on BlazBlue/KOF XII.

think I resolved the disconnection issue. For this controller I just swapped in the rechargeable batteries from my Xbox 360 controller, they where at about 70% charge and I had no problem with them playing HAWX on the PC. But I think the madcatz requires a full charge to operate, as I swapped in some freshly charged ones and haven't had a disconnect since.

Also, please somebody say they have experienced this and its not my controller breaking, but has anyone been playing and noticed when they crouch it sometimes sticks, even when you release the D-Pad?

I've a feeling its the madcatz just having a shoddy d-pad, but was wondering if it was a known bug in the game before sending it back.

If I do send it back I don't know if I'll be getting a replacement. While good, the build quality is not the best. Aside from the D-Pad, the face buttons are also starting to squeak now.

For a beginners stick what should I go for? The Hori one that's in game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Also, please somebody say they have experienced this and its not my controller breaking, but has anyone been playing and noticed when they crouch it sometimes sticks, even when you release the D-Pad?

Have the 360 fightpad but have not experienced this. I do feel I have to rotate the d-pad slightly 'higher' when doing quarter-circle-forward motions to the left than I must when facing right - as if the d-pad is slightly off axis (if you get me).

Advertisement